Guaranteed Cabin Luggage Tag?

Hi: I have a reserved a Guaranteed Cabin reservation for this April. The cruise line (NCL) told me that I may not have a cabin assignment and cabin number until embarkation. Question: When dropping off my bag with the porters at the dock, what should I print on my bag tag to tell them where the bag should be delivered on the ship? Thanks a lot...

30 minutes ago, MajSteve said:

When dropping off my bag with the porters at the dock, what should I print on my bag tag to tell them where the bag should be delivered on the ship?

Hi MajSteve! (1) you will probably have a cabin assigned. (2) if you really don't, after waiting to the last convenient moment -- print the blank luggage tag and the Porters will have a list of pax and a marker for your tags. April is getting close! Have a great cruise!

• Like 2

The crew at the docks will know what to do.  Guaranteed cabins are very common.

Our last cruise, we had our cabin number only a few days before, and our cruise line sends special tags out for embarkation, which we did not get because of the short notice of our cabin.  When we arrived at the dock, they just attached stickers to the tops of our bags and all was good.

• Like 1

At least in Seattle, if you still haven't been assigned a cabin by the day before your cruise, check at the pier with the Longshore workers at the desk near the luggage collection point.  They will have the most up-to-date manifest.

In rare instances, if a stateroom still hasn't been assigned at that point, you will have to carry your luggage into the terminal, and check-in with a counter agent.  There usually is a ship crew member at the check-in counter to help support the terminal check-in staff.  He/she will be the person who assigns the 'day of' cabins.  The same process is used for contractors or newly arrived talent.

We usually sail Guaranteed, and we've always had a room number within 1-2 weeks of sailing.  If I didn't, I'd do two things: 

- Use the bar code trick.  Pull up your boarding pass on your computer.  Use your phone to scan the bar code.  Voila -- your cabin number will appear at the end of the string of numbers.  I've used this many times to learn my cabin number a few days ahead of assignment.  It's always been right. 

- Call Customer Service and ask them.  Tell them you're nervous about traveling to your port without knowing your room number -- that's not a lie.  You're not likely to run into trouble, but I'd be willing to call to know the cabin number.  Call either early in the morning or late at night (they're open until 11:00), and you'll get through quickly.  

• Like 1