Odyssey of the seas cabin 6246 above smoking section?

Hi everyone. I'm a newbie cruiser booked on Odyssey for 12 nights. And im a tad confused. I wanted to be low down to the water and chose cabin 6246 on the bump out, thinking this was a good option. (Cannot find any photos or videos of this room anywhere) 

Can anyone tell me if the deck 5 smoking section is below this? Or if there's one on the opposite side in the same cabin? 

Ship is almost sold out with deck 10 and 13 the only other rooms left and tbh I've no idea which to pick now. Help would be greatly appreciated. For 12 nights I just want a nice peaceful room, the extra bump out bit would have been nice too. Any help is appreciated!

21 minutes ago, Shand9219 said:

Hi everyone. I'm a newbie cruiser booked on Odyssey for 12 nights. And im a tad confused. I wanted to be low down to the water and chose cabin 6246 on the bump out, thinking this was a good option. (Cannot find any photos or videos of this room anywhere) 

Can anyone tell me if the deck 5 smoking section is below this? Or if there's one on the opposite side in the same cabin? 

Ship is almost sold out with deck 10 and 13 the only other rooms left and tbh I've no idea which to pick now. Help would be greatly appreciated. For 12 nights I just want a nice peaceful room, the extra bump out bit would have been nice too. Any help is appreciated!

According to cruisedeckplans, your cabin is right above the smoking section on Deck 5...

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, cruisemiser1 said:

According to cruisedeckplans, your cabin is right above the smoking section on Deck 5...

Okay goodbye to that then lol.  Thanks so much. The only other options left are deck 10 or 13 mid ship. Was hoping for lower down for seasickness. Thank you for your help 

32 minutes ago, Shand9219 said:

6246 is on the OPPOSITE side of the ship to the bus shelter smoking area. Do Not move as it’s a great location with bigger balcony! 

• Thanks 1

According to everything I've read, Odyssey is the only Quantum class with the smoking section on the port side. I haven't been on the ship myself, just trying to help but if anyone who has actually sailed her can confirm, even better.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, little britain said:

6246 is on the OPPOSITE side of the ship to the bus shelter smoking area. Do Not move as it’s a great location with bigger balcony! 

Thank you are you sure? Someone on the fb group told me my side is the smoking section? I really don't want to move if I don't have to...as I really don't want to get any higher up. 

11 minutes ago, little britain said:

Thank you are you sure? Someone on the fb group told me my side is the smoking section? I really don't want to move if I don't have to...as I really don't want to get any higher up. 

5 minutes ago, Shand9219 said:

I have been on all Q ships and cannot remember the smoking area being on the opposite side on Odyssey. It certainly isn’t in Spectrum. … but if someone who smokes says it is port side then I’ll admit I am incorrect! Sorry! 

1 hour ago, Shand9219 said:

The smoking section has been moved to the other side of the ship.

Our last cabin 6638, in January, on Odessey, was directly above the smoking area.