Thoughts? Coco Beach Club Day Pass or Thrill Park Cabana

Party consists of myself, wife, son 8, daughter 11, FIL and MIL.

For our upcoming sailing at the end of March, we currently have a Thrill Water park cabana reserved (sold out).

However today I noticed due to my in-laws C&A level, they have a great deal on the CoCo Beach Club day pass.

So, since the in-laws probably will not do the waterpark activities, and we got the Cabana mostly for the shaded comfortable resting place, would it be better to swap to Beach Club plus water park tix for the 4 of us.

We would end up saving ~$300 if we did Beach Club + Waterpark tix, but would lose the cabana.   We would gain the beach club restaurant which I hear is excellent, the infiniti pool, and the beach.

The concern would be especially for MIL that we might end up not having comfortable shaded resting area.

I would love some feedback on this situation.  Should we stay with the Thrill Cabana or swap to beach club day pass and thrill park day tix?

There's plenty of shade at the Beach Club. Not a lot of activities for the kiddos there. In fact I have never seen younger children there except perhaps in the over water cabanas. So the decision you have to make is whether or not you want the kids to have a grand time or spend the day with the in-laws.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

There's plenty of shade at the Beach Club. Not a lot of activities for the kiddos there. In fact I have never seen younger children there except perhaps in the over water cabanas. So the decision you have to make is whether or not you want the kids to have a grand time or spend the day with the in-laws.

We would still get the water park tix for us.

Water park tix for 4 + Beach Club for 6 is cheaper than Water park cabana by about $300

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Neosophy said:

Water park tix for 4 + Beach Club for 6 is cheaper than Water park cabana by about $300

We had a cabana on chill island and waterpark tickets...the big thing for my husband, kiddo and cousin (cousin husband and I stayed at Cabana all day) was the going back and forth.  Between the wait time for the slides and the "commuting" back and forth, they did not enjoy as much of the waterpark as they woukd have liked...

7 minutes ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

We had a cabana on chill island and waterpark tickets...the big thing for my husband, kiddo and cousin (cousin husband and I stayed at Cabana all day) was the going back and forth.  Between the wait time for the slides and the "commuting" back and forth, they did not enjoy as much of the waterpark as they woukd have liked...

I am worried about the wait time for the slides, but thats gonna be the case either way.

We are doing the Atlantis waterpark the day previous, so hopefully the kiddos will have a good time at one or the other 🙂

Posted (edited)

I am a big fan of the Beach Club and Waterpark and have done both of them several times. However, I have never done both on the same day and I never would. I would not want to spend a significant portion of my day walking back and forth between these two areas trying to maximize both locations. Based on the information you provided, I think the ideal situation is have the in-laws go to the Beach Club while your family goes to the Waterpark. One of the many things I love about cruising is you don’t have to do everything together with the people you are traveling with on the cruise. Your situation seems ideal to apply this principle. 

Not sure what the current price is for the Beach Club on your cruise, but personally the most I would pay for it is $79.99. However, I realize everyone puts different values on things depending on how important they are to you. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579
  • Like 1

The super discounted price for Beach Club is 98.00.   For most people its 159.

I think this cruise is either completely booked or overbooked, its insane because it it out of new jersey during spring break here.  The ship is packed.

8 hours ago, Neosophy said:

Rarely see children at the beach club so they may be bored there.  The area is very nice and relaxing with a great lunch.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Neosophy said:

The super discounted price for Beach Club is 98.00.   For most people its 159.

I think this cruise is either completely booked or overbooked, its insane because it it out of new jersey during spring break here.  The ship is packed.

I sailed on Anthem last week with lots of families from Canada on their spring break.

Beach club was rather empty.  We paid $90 or $95 for Beach club.

I guess most were at free beaches, water park or the adult Hideaway beach....which I heard a lot of people say it's way too loud there.

Edited by Sunshine3601

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I sailed on Anthem last week with lots of families from Canada on their spring break.

Beach club was rather empty.  We paid $90 or $95 for Beach club.

I guess most were at free beaches, water park or the adult Hideaway beach....which I heard a lot of people say it's way too loud there.

I agree that the adult Hideaway Beach is definitely on the loud side. We had a good time there a few weeks ago but you could hear loud music everywhere. It’s definitely not what I expected. I thought Hideaway Beach was going to be a quieter area that would appeal to a lot of Celebrity passengers. My expectation was definitely wrong just like my expectation that Icon would have an adult area like the Solarium on other RCI ships was wrong. There is no area on Icon, including the adult only Hideaway area, that is even remotely close to the Solarium on other ships. 

• Like 1

Your original plan to put the kids first is the best decision, and I would expect the kids’ grandparents would say the same. There is plenty of shade under the thrill park cabanas and from there, you can all enjoy the kids playing and it’s easy for the kids to stop back to rest and tell their stories (and you!) while they are fresh and excited. Stick with the thrill park cabana.