Curious

Pat

I wonder if anyone might be able to satisfy my curiousity.   I periodically check to see how many open cabins there are on my sailing on MSC Merigvalia.  Last night there were multiple balcony and YC cabins available,  This morning I looked and the prices had gone down by around $300 in each category,  but there are NO open cabins on the whole ship.  Can anyone tell me why or how this might have happened in less than 12 hours?  Just curious.  

1 minute ago, JamieLogical said:

Are you searching as a solo cruiser? Often MSC will cut off bookings for solos.

No, as two seniors.  As an aside,  I was never given an opportunity to bid on an upgrade

and I was hoping to snag one of the YC cabins at the new rate.  

MSC is constantly fiddling with prices and shown inventory, especially as sail date nears.  Call in and see if a phone agent can spot some open cabins or check back in a day. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pat said:

No, as two seniors.  As an aside,  I was never given an opportunity to bid on an upgrade

and I was hoping to snag one of the YC cabins at the new rate.  

Which sailing is it?

Just now, Até said:

MSC is constantly fiddling with prices and shown inventory, especially as sail date nears.  Call in and see if a phone agent can spot some open cabins or check back in a day. 

I have noticed that,  that's why I keep checking.  Do TA's sometimes hold a group of cabins for 24 hours after a rate reduction then release them the next day?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Pat said:

March 24

Cabins are likely locked for the upgrade process at this point, at least higher level suites. 

ETA: Try going into your MSC online account profile and make sure you check to receive promotional emails from MSC, and hope for a last minute upgrade offer. 

Edited by Até

2 hours ago, Pat said:

I wonder if anyone might be able to satisfy my curiousity.   I periodically check to see how many open cabins there are on my sailing on MSC Merigvalia.  Last night there were multiple balcony and YC cabins available,  This morning I looked and the prices had gone down by around $300 in each category,  but there are NO open cabins on the whole ship.  Can anyone tell me why or how this might have happened in less than 12 hours?  Just curious.  

It is a dynamic pricing system, so often changes for a variety of factors that usually go on behind the scenes! GTY cabins are possibly being assigned, or a new promotion may have started today that adjusts the price. We monitor the prices and cabin availability of our cruises fairly regularly as its a great way to see things like upgrade potential! 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Pat said:

This morning I looked and the prices had gone down by around $300 in each category,  but there are NO open cabins on the whole ship.  Can anyone tell me why or how this might have happened in less than 12 hours? 

I don´t know the answer but I recognized it also. It was really strange, I booked online and could choose basically from all cabins in the area, sent my brother a message with the cabin number so he can chose one next door. He tried one day later and said not one single cabin available. My guess is that consolidators bought all the tickets, what else could it be? 

But the tip with the phone agent is good, we needed another cabin and the MSC phone rep was able to get one for us. Not instantly, he told my "give me 24 hours" and then called the next day with success news. 

Im on that sailing. Its sold out (its Spring Break so Im not surprised). Im guessing they are booking guaranteed cabins at this point so I agree with calling to see what they can do about an upgrade. I did get the upgrade offer email a few weeks ago but did not do it because I am traveling with my sister and we have next door balconies.

See you on the ship!