New rules for wheelchair users

I’m not sure why my two cruises have been cancelled, both in Partially Adapted cabins Iona & Arvia.  
,Questinare filled in for both cruises do you need Mobility Scooter to get about cabin my answer was NO.

They have not stated as off now, if evacuation chairs are not available.

Still waiting for Email confirming that is so. 
l’m sailing on Britannia tomorrow so will make enquires when I get onboard about both my cancelled cruises.

Derek.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, GOLDSURFER said:

I’m not sure why my two cruises have been cancelled, both in Partially Adapted cabins Iona & Arvia.  
,Questinare filled in for both cruises do you need Mobility Scooter to get about cabin my answer was NO.

They have not stated as off now, if evacuation chairs are not available.

Still waiting for Email confirming that is so. 
l’m sailing on Britannia tomorrow so will make enquires when I get onboard about both my cancelled cruises.

Derek.

Now if you have a scooter on board you have to have a fully accessible cabin and evacuation chair. These cabins are marked with a plug icon on the new deck plans. 

https://www.pocruises.com/content/dam/po/inventory-assets/ships/IA/Iona-Deck-Plan-W26-27.pdf

Edited by Gettingwarmer
Deck plan

17 minutes ago, GOLDSURFER said:

Not necessarily as I have two cruises booked on ARCADIA In Partially Adapted cabins for 2025.

Also had an email from PO stating that PARTIALLY ADAPTED cabins are okay to use, will try to add email.

DerekIMG_3817.thumb.png.78f1bc54c0bc7363f4b61a1f313cd8ef.png

Your original post only mentioned Arvia and Iona.

Here are the plans for Arcadia. Have not looked at them in detail as do not require any special cabin

https://www.pocruises.com/content/dam/po/inventory-assets/ships/AC/1/decks/Arcadia-Deck-Plan-W26-27.pdf

28 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Your original post only mentioned Arvia and Iona.

Here are the plans for Arcadia. Have not looked at them in detail as do not require any special cabin

https://www.pocruises.com/content/dam/po/inventory-assets/ships/AC/1/decks/Arcadia-Deck-Plan-W26-27.pdf

So 57 cabins/suites are suitable on Arcadia, most of them suites so quite high end cost.

Am I to take it all the deck plans now show this symbol?

17 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

So 57 cabins/suites are suitable on Arcadia, most of them suites so quite high end cost.

Am I to take it all the deck plans now show this symbol?

Well I counted 80

If you click on View Detailed Deck Plan under the ship they appear to be there 

G deck 5

E 6

D 6

C 8

B 51

A 4

Edited by Gettingwarmer
change from 78 to 80

14 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Well I counted 78

If you click on View Detailed Deck Plan under the ship they appear to be there 

I'll count them again! Including the two insides I've just found I now make 80 - I'd missed the lower decks!

As a matter of interest how many do you get on Iona/Arvia, I've not counted but they look pretty sparse for the ship size?

Edited by Megabear2

Just now, Megabear2 said:

I'll count them again! As a matter of interest how many do you get on Iona/Arvia, I've not counted but they look pretty sparse for the ship size?

Sorry only did Iona, 30 on my count

Deck 8 2

9   2

10 3

11 6

12 14

14 2

15 2

16 0

17 0

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Deck 8 2

9   2

10 3

11 6

12 14

14 2

15 2

16 0

17 0

Deck 15 has at least 4 acc balcony cabins, plus at least 2 inside ones. Unless these are only the motorised ones, and the inside ones and the balcony ones with the poles are classed as not suitable for motorised scooters or wheelchairs.

Edited by terrierjohn

3 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Deck 8 2

9   2

10 3

11 6

12 14

14 2

15 2

16 0

17 0

I got a few more - 46, but still pretty dire on a ship that size.  Clearly if Arvia follows the same there are going to be a lot of displaced previously made bookings.

I assume these new deck plans are industry based as I just looked at the Britannia one attached to my booking the day before yesterday and cannot see these plug symbols yet.

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Deck 15 has at least 4 acc balcony cabins, plus at least 2 inside ones.

Deck 15 appears to have 10 in total (not grading just counting symbols. 14 has 2, 12 has 13, 11 has 6, 10 has 7, 9 has 2, 8 has 2, 5 has 0 and 4 has 4.

That's a rough count I just made on the plan Gettingwarmer posted.

8 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I got a few more - 46, but still pretty dire on a ship that size.  Clearly if Arvia follows the same there are going to be a lot of displaced previously made bookings.

I assume these new deck plans are industry based as I just looked at the Britannia one attached to my booking the day before yesterday and cannot see these plug symbols yet.

All with the plug symbol?

As I said previosly they are on line under the "Detailed view" only, not the single deck plans only but I must admit I have not looked at every ship.

Edited by Gettingwarmer

2 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Deck 15 appears to have 10 in total (not grading just counting symbols. 14 has 2, 12 has 13, 11 has 6, 10 has 7, 9 has 2, 8 has 2, 5 has 0 and 4 has 4.

That's a rough count I just made on the plan Gettingwarmer posted.

It is very hard to count as you have to enlarge the plans. Thats my lot for now. As i previosly said I do not require these cabins and am counting for others. I'm getting a headache.🙂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gettingwarmer said:

yes but they dont have the plug symbol so can't be used be motorised wheelchairs or scooters.

P&O are being really nitpicking with these new rules, we had a balcony cabin with a pole, granted with a manual wheelchair, but the pole did not cause any problem at all, and since all motorised wheelchairs etc have a reverse gear, then I doubt anyone would have restricted manoeuvrability. 

So it must be designed to reduce the number of disabled passengers.

11 minutes ago, GOLDSURFER said:

55 on IONA   &.   55 on ARVIA.

Take out PARTIALLY ADAPTED  15.

Will try and print cabin numbers.

If you are looking at the new plans, do they have the plug symbol to show which are available for motorised wheelchairs or scooters?

Edited by Gettingwarmer

12 minutes ago, solentsam said:

Yes I'd seen this but it does not appear to indicate which ones have this new symbol for a plug.  Looking at the Iona plan from Gettingwarmer I can only find two insides with a plug symbol for instance.

P&O really need to upgrade the info on the website with a very clear sign stating which can take motorised mobility aids.  I'd guess the list you mention will at least assist in a count of how many evac chairs each ship will have available.

It's no wonder people are getting confused at present, everything is very vague.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GOLDSURFER said:

55 on IONA   &.   55 on ARVIA.

Take out PARTIALLY ADAPTED  15.

Will try and print cabin numbers.

Maths was never my strongest subject ... thank you, look forward to the information.

1 hour ago, GOLDSURFER said:

55. Cabins on ARVIA  

AS BEST AS I COULD GET NO PLUGS WHATEVER THEY ARE.IMG_3872.thumb.jpeg.2bf43723bfeb43df2521e5d07eac395d.jpeg

This list of Accessible Cabins does not indicate which ones can be used now for motorised wheelchairs or scooters. This can only be seen on the new deck plans by the plug symbol.

I'm sure there will be more help on Britannia tomorrow. Have a good cruise.

From information received only IONA &.  ARVIA have PARTIALLY ADAPTED CABINS.

My cabin on ARCADIA is listed as a Large cabin.

No PARTIALLY ADAPTED CABINS on AURORA, BRITANNIA, VENTURA. AZURA.

So it’s all to do with EVACUATING CHAIRS and storage off Wheelchairs & Mobility Scooters, & cabins big enough to Manoeuvre Wheelchair & Mobility Scooter around. Take your pick.

MY OPINION.

Derek 

19 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

This list of Accessible Cabins does not indicate which ones can be used now for motorised wheelchairs or scooters. This can only be seen on the new deck plans by the plug symbol.

I'm sure there will be more help on Britannia tomorrow. Have a good cruise.

7 minutes ago, GOLDSURFER said:

From information received only IONA &.  ARVIA have PARTIALLY ADAPTED CABINS.

My cabin on ARCADIA is listed as a Large cabin.

No PARTIALLY ADAPTED CABINS on AURORA, BRITANNIA, VENTURA. AZURA.

So it’s all to do with EVACUATING CHAIRS and storage off Wheelchairs & Mobility Scooters, & cabins big enough to Manoeuvre Wheelchair & Mobility Scooter around. Take your pick.

MY OPINION.

Derek 

Yes I agree that the cabins indicated for motorised  vehicles are not necessarily adapted cabins. I think they should publish a book with all the new deck plans in so that people can see clearly what is what.

Deck plan for Arvia

https://www.pocruises.com/content/dam/po/inventory-assets/ships/AR/Arvia-Deck-Plan-W26-27.pdf

Edited by Gettingwarmer
Deck Plan
  • Like 1