Booking before or after the 30 day mark

Has anyone watched a cruise 30 days prior and tried to determine when is the best to book? I am looking at a cruise that’s currently 33 days out, prices are already pretty high and I can’t seem to book an affordable cabin. There are guarantee studios, but I need two studios. At this point should I just wait until day 29 to see if anything I can afford opens up (ie studios)? Or is there not really a recognizable difference when booking within the 30 day period?

thanks

Honestly within 30 days prices wont drop that much. Depending on the cabin you are looking for the only cabins that will drop is the inside and oceanview. This is becasue alot of people will bid for upgrades from inside to balcony. Then they release all the inside cabins available usually at a pretty good discount. What is the date and ship?>

1 minute ago, wolft927 said:

Honestly within 30 days prices wont drop that much. Depending on the cabin you are looking for the only cabins that will drop is the inside and oceanview. This is becasue alot of people will bid for upgrades from inside to balcony. Then they release all the inside cabins available usually at a pretty good discount. What is the date and ship?>

That is what I am hoping. Is there any truth that “mass upgrades happen at or around the 30 day mark”? If so, I am hopeful. Right now, almost all non-studios are almost 200% for solos. I don’t mind paying a studio price and getting a guarantee, but I need to be able to book two cabins simultaneously, and both my agent and NCL get errors when they try to do this. 😞

Prima: Miami to NYC April 16.

do you know a site where I can see inventory? Let me know what you think, if you have any further insights. 

5 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

Is there any truth that “mass upgrades happen at or around the 30 day mark”?

Not sure where you've heard this, but certainly not the norm. More like the last week, or even day. With 24 days to go, we've got well over 10% of the ship posting on another site. No one has received an upgrade.

2 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Not sure where you've heard this, but certainly not the norm. More like the last week, or even day. With 24 days to go, we've got well over 10% of the ship posting on another site. No one has received an upgrade.

What sailing is that, the Galveston one?

5 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

What sailing is that, the Galveston one?

It's the Encore repo that traditionally would run at about 80% capacity or so. This time it's sold out.

The "old days" of numerous cheap upgrades seem to be diminishing as the ships fill to capacity.

30 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

Has anyone watched a cruise 30 days prior and tried to determine when is the best to book? I am looking at a cruise that’s currently 33 days out, prices are already pretty high and I can’t seem to book an affordable cabin. There are guarantee studios, but I need two studios. At this point should I just wait until day 29 to see if anything I can afford opens up (ie studios)? Or is there not really a recognizable difference when booking within the 30 day period?

thanks

I would expect prices to continue to rise, not fall. You are looking at the end of spring break and ships are always over full. 

• Like 1

I’ve been watching several Caribbean cruises the last few months for late Feb, early Spring and late spring.  What I’ve seen is a couple weeks before sail date the only available cabins have been inside.  And, those cabins were no bargain.  

Posted (edited)

Me too! I was watching a cruise and up to five days before sailing, NCL wanted $3,100 for an inside. No, way Jose! As alternatives, I have a couple of TA's booked at much more reasonable fares.

Edited by IrieBajan54
add text
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, IrieBajan54 said:

Me too! I was watching a cruise and up to five days before sailing, NCL wanted $3,100 for an inside. No, way Jose! As alternatives, I have a couple of TA's booked at much more reasonable fares.

Hail to the N O!