Minister of Transport Announces 15% Taxi Rate Increase Effective April 1 and One Year Pilot Ridesharing Program

njhorseman

• njhorseman changed the title to Minister of Transport Announces 15% Taxi Rate Increase Effective April 1 and One Year Pilot Ridesharing Program
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/16/2024 at 10:00 AM, njhorseman said:

Thank you for posting this information.

I will add the 15% to my budget to take a cab to/from Horsehoe Bay from/to the Dockyard.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2024 at 2:20 PM, vacation44 said:

Thank you for posting this information.

I will add the 15% to my budget to take a cab to/from Horsehoe Bay from/to the Dockyard.

Anyone know what is the new cost of a taxi from the Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay?    And how many passengers fits in a taxi?   Leaving this weekend and want to have the exact amounts ready.   

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Anyone know what is the new cost of a taxi from the Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay?    And how many passengers fits in a taxi?   Leaving this weekend and want to have the exact amounts ready.   

There was an article this morning in the Royal Gazette that the taxi drivers are just starting to get their meters adjusted but the new rates are in effect. Taxis hold 7. There are 2 rates one for 1-4 passengers and a higher rate for 5-7 passengers. With the old rates our fare would run $32 - $34 overall total for 2 or 3 passengers plus tip. So add 15% for an estimate. I don't think an exact amount is ever possible as it is metered. 

Edited by Charles4515

13 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

There was an article this morning in the Royal Gazette that the taxi drivers are just starting to get their meters adjusted but the new rates are in effect. Taxis hold 7. There are 2 rates one for 1-4 passengers and a higher rate for 5-7 passengers. With the old rates our fare would run $32 - $34 overall total for 2 or 3 passengers plus tip. So add 15% for an estimate. I don't think an exact amount is ever possible as it is metered. 

Thank you, as always, for your knowledge on Bermuda!