San Juan port and things to do

KJMM

We have an upcoming trip on Enchanted Princess and one of the ports is San Juan.

• Does anyone know which port Enchanted Princess will dock there? After some quick research people keep mentioning "San Juan Cruise Terminal" and how convenient it is, but Google maps tells me it's 6km+ from the old town and right next to an airport?? It seems to be next to the "Pan American" terminal?
  • Is it possible to do a old town city tour on foot? Are there any must-see places that requires a taxi?
  • I heard there are rentable bikes along the shore - are these common and reasonably priced? Are the return spots convenient?

We went to San Juan on the Sky Princess earlier this year. Five ships in that day (!), four of which including us docked very centrally. One Holland America at the more out of town Pan American.

If you docked where we did, you'll be right in the Old Town. Key sights walkable. The National Parks service runs two incredible historic fort sites. To get to them, you can't help but walk through the historic old town and along the coast. Stunning views, lots of Spanish influence, and interesting history.

No taxi, organised excursions etc needed. Entry to the two forts was very reasonable, $10 for both I think. A few photos. Enjoy your day!

PXL_20240102_163917607~2.jpg

PXL_20240102_152942724.jpg

PXL_20240102_143123467.jpg

PXL_20240102_140452964.jpg

PXL_20240102_141950107.jpg

PXL_20240102_161225137.jpg

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, KJMM said:

We have an upcoming trip on Enchanted Princess and one of the ports is San Juan.

• Does anyone know which port Enchanted Princess will dock there? After some quick research people keep mentioning "San Juan Cruise Terminal" and how convenient it is, but Google maps tells me it's 6km+ from the old town and right next to an airport?? It seems to be next to the "Pan American" terminal?
  • Is it possible to do a old town city tour on foot? Are there any must-see places that requires a taxi?
  • I heard there are rentable bikes along the shore - are these common and reasonably priced? Are the return spots convenient?

Another helpful site:

https://www.whatsinport.com/San-Juan.htm

Piers 1-6 across from Old San Juan. We walked around town many times.

Check out information on the forts also.

Our favorites are Old San Juan, Fort El Morro and the rain forest. 

Welcome to CC and the Princess forum.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

We too are in San Juan on an upcoming, but two things. Join your roll call and ask there, though this thread will likely get moved to the Ports of Call section. Also, for future reference, you can find ships in port daily schedule online for most ports. San Juan is not as specific in this matter, from what we viewed. I'm told the Pan American terminal is used for cruises that begin and end in San Juan, not for visiting ships. Find Dock 4, Muelle Quatro on some maps, near the fort. Not knowing more than you state, that I my guess.

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 1