Do Canadians need a visa for any Caribbean countries?

Snowcat1

We are going on the West Indies Explorer cruise next winter and our documents say you need a US passport, but just wonder if Canadian is also excepted without an visa required to enter any of the islands?

7 hours ago, Snowcat1 said:

We are going on the West Indies Explorer cruise next winter and our documents say you need a US passport, but just wonder if Canadian is also excepted without an visa required to enter any of the islands?

I initially advised the L/A Office management clowns over 2 years ago and again last year, regarding the ridiculous statement that Canadians require a US Passport. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that it hasn't changed.

You can use this website to research the latest requirements for each port - https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

I initially advised the L/A Office management clowns over 2 years ago and again last year, regarding the ridiculous statement that Canadians require a US Passport. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that it hasn't changed.

You can use this website to research the latest requirements for each port - https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories

You're absolutely right about the ridiculous statement that Canadians require a US Passport and I roll my eyes every time I see it.  I've also taken them to task on this and indeed nothing has changed.  

• Like 1

My impression is that dealing with Canadians is a bit of an afterthought for the Simi  Valley office. Paying with echeck has always been a hit or miss affair, usually takes two or three attempts to get it done. My TA shudders at the thought of having to deal with them. As for Viking Air, argh! 

It is hard to imagine that you are dealing with the same company when you compare your experience on board and the experience dealing with Simi Valley.

Wish they would open a Canadian office.

23 minutes ago, CannyScotTor said:

It is hard to imagine that you are dealing with the same company when you compare your experience on board and the experience dealing with Simi Valley.

Wish they would open a Canadian office.

I agree with both of these thoughts.  When on board, the Viking crew know we are Canadian.  And, yes, a Canadian office would be an improvement.

13 hours ago, millybess said:

I agree with both of these thoughts.  When on board, the Viking crew know we are Canadian.  And, yes, a Canadian office would be an improvement.

That was one of the questions I asked in my communication with Viking Corporate in Basle. Sadly no interest.

2 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

That was one of the questions I asked in my communication with Viking Corporate in Basle. Sadly no interest.

I do think a Canadian office would be an improvement.

Having said that, on our cruise in January the Guest Services Manager reached out to Viking about a question we had for our cruise next month.  She ended up with someone based in South Africa who was of no help at all.  The GS Manager had to call and make the inquiry several times, before she got the answer.  I'm not sure what country the answer came from.  So maybe it doesn't matter.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, millybess said:

I do think a Canadian office would be an improvement.

Having said that, on our cruise in January the Guest Services Manager reached out to Viking about a question we had for our cruise next month.  She ended up with someone based in South Africa who was of no help at all.  The GS Manager had to call and make the inquiry several times, before she got the answer.  I'm not sure what country the answer came from.  So maybe it doesn't matter.

I've just been corrected.  She actually reached out to the GM on Viking Orion.

Many companies will work hard to attract and retain good customers.  It's amazing how Viking Ocean corporate seems to take customers for granted.  That's never a good thing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cienfuegos said:

Many companies will work hard to attract and retain good customers.  It's amazing how Viking Ocean corporate seems to take customers for granted.  That's never a good thing.

Especially when they have an almost endless supply of new ships arriving to fill.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Especially when they have an almost endless supply of new ships arriving to fill.

Well, it's certainly not their sales offices that are going to do that for them.  It's the onboard ambiance, the crew and the $25 deposit.  

In our 5 years of sailing with Viking, we've only found 1 agent that is very good and on top of things and very responsive.  She is the only person besides "our" travel agent that we now deal with.  

1 hour ago, millybess said:

Well, it's certainly not their sales offices that are going to do that for them.  It's the onboard ambiance, the crew and the $25 deposit.  

In our 5 years of sailing with Viking, we've only found 1 agent that is very good and on top of things and very responsive.  She is the only person besides "our" travel agent that we now deal with.  

We’ve been sailing with Viking for five years, too. But our experience has been different than yours. We book our cruises directly with the company, rather than through a TA, so we’ve encountered quite a few Viking agents along the way. They’ve all been helpful. In fact, two days ago we booked a new cruise with a Viking agent in Phoenix. He was top-notch in every respect.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SJD117 said:

We’ve been sailing with Viking for five years, too. But our experience has been different than yours. We book our cruises directly with the company, rather than through a TA, so we’ve encountered quite a few Viking agents along the way. They’ve all been helpful. In fact, two days ago we booked a new cruise with a Viking agent in Phoenix. He was top-notch in every respect.

We also book directly with Viking and transfer to an agent.

That is good to know.  I'm glad you've found competent agents.  For us, they have been few and far between.  And it's not just us.  We have encountered 3 officers on 3 different cruises who have been subtly amused dealing with the sales offices.

On 3/18/2024 at 3:31 PM, millybess said:

My go-to person left during COVID. Now I am high and dry.😒