AmaWaterways Tulip Time cruise - just looking for advice

thornegirls

I am leaving on my first river cruise in 2 weeks & feel unprepared!  I have done a few ocean cruises but never a river cruise. I know there are a lot of differences. 

we will be on AmaLucia Tulip Time - please forgive my ignorance ☺️

• Dinner attire?  Do we dress up for dinner at night?  Our last ocean cruise was dress up as well as 2 formal nights. 
  • what are some “must haves” for the cabin? 
  • do we have bag tags to print? I didn’t see any in our e-docs
  • any other advice in general?  

thank you!!!

Get ready for a stress-free cruise!

•  no need to dress up beyond country club casual

•  no need for bag tags (beyond your name) – they will know who you are when you arrive

•  you can arrive at the ship any time you want – if your cabin isn't ready they will store your bags and invite you to enjoy the lounge (and lunch or snacks) – you can also then leave the ship and sightsee

•  check when the cruise director's welcome meeting will take place – you don't want to miss that as it covers lots of important details about your cruise and the available excursions

•  enjoy!

• Like 3

as mentioned don't worry about your bags, when you check in at the gangway (or at the airport if you are doing their transfers)  they will label your bags with the room number and they will find their own way to the room.  They used to send physical bag tags for you to fill out with your home info ahead of time, now you are likely to find them in your room at some point in the week.   I would certainly say make sure the bags have your name on a tag somewhere.

As for the room, make sure if you are American that you bring plug adapters, the ship will only have europlugs. (and that the device can take 220v, almost everything can).

The welcome aboard meeting/safety meeting will be right before dinner, believe me you will know when it is and where (in the lounge) the schedule will be on the reception desk and in your room.  I also suggest downloading the AMA app and linking your reservation, this will let you down the "daily cruiser" newsletter the night before, this will have both the schedule and the contact numbers (and dock location, but Im assuming this is Amsterdam so thats basically "behind the main train station").

One night will be the designated "fancy" night but that means very little, it's just the night when if you want to dress up, everyone else might.  If Im on your ship I'll have on a polo shirt and kakhi pants like any other night :). The staff WILL dress up that night but most of the passengers do not really.

• Like 1