Venice 6 May Spirit

etual324

SS simply hotel when we booked was Monaco Grand Canal  checked my account the other day new hotel San Clemente

Hotel is on a private so now we take a shuttle from an island to visit a island ( VENICE)

NEVER NOTIFIED we are now in penalty phase if we CX hotel 

The silver part on Silver Sea cruises name is TARNISHED

1 hour ago, etual324 said:

SS simply hotel when we booked was Monaco Grand Canal  checked my account the other day new hotel San Clemente

Hotel is on a private so now we take a shuttle from an island to visit a island ( VENICE)

NEVER NOTIFIED we are now in penalty phase if we CX hotel 

The silver part on Silver Sea cruises name is TARNISHED

We are on the same cruise. We asked for quote and SS quoted us almost the same price per person as the price for the room, so basically almost double.

With all potential changes, and significantly higher prices, why people still book hotels via cruise lines? I understand that you also get transfers, but transfers in places like Venice are peanuts compared to what you overpay compared to booking independently. 

• Like 1

Good morning etual324 - Whilst your experience isa tad unsettling I would say that I have stayed at the San Clemente Palace Hotel and it is superb - the position on its own island is great to be away from the frenetic Venice with a Swimming Pool etc and the Private Hotel shuttle Boat into a position close to St Marks square is very regular and a lovely ride. ( I agree The Monaco & Grand is also lovely for different reasons - had our 25th Wedding Anniversary Dinner on The Terrace there which was magical ). I hope you have a great Cruise.

The only unfortunate Issue now, with Cruises starting from Maghera is that the Transfer to the Ship will be quite long.,

4 hours ago, Mayflower1 said:

The only unfortunate Issue now, with Cruises starting from Maghera is that the Transfer to the Ship will be quite long.,

The cruise starts from Fusina.

You are of course correct - Fusina & Maghera are part of the same Industrial Port area away from Touristic Venice. As I understand it, the present system for Silversea is that they use the old Cruise Terminal in Venice to complete the basic Check In Procedures and then Bus Guests to Fusina for Boarding. If one stays at San Clemente it will involve a Water Transfer to The Cruise Terminal, followed by a Bus transfer to the Ship.

If Arrangements have changed for 2024 please forgive me.

12 minutes ago, Mayflower1 said:

You are of course correct - Fusina & Maghera are part of the same Industrial Port area away from Touristic Venice. As I understand it, the present system for Silversea is that they use the old Cruise Terminal in Venice to complete the basic Check In Procedures and then Bus Guests to Fusina for Boarding. If one stays at San Clemente it will involve a Water Transfer to The Cruise Terminal, followed by a Bus transfer to the Ship.

Appreciate your comments

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2024 at 1:50 PM, Mayflower1 said:

completely correct. It’s actually very well organised