More newbie questions

When are we able to book specialty dining? Will reservations show up on Navigator calendar? We have second seating MDR dining and that is not on calendar. 
Also does HAL ever have sales on shore excursions?  Thinking Fourth of July or maybe Black Friday. 

TIA

2 hours ago, josumello said:

When are we able to book specialty dining? Will reservations show up on Navigator calendar? We have second seating MDR dining and that is not on calendar. 
Also does HAL ever have sales on shore excursions?  Thinking Fourth of July or maybe Black Friday. 

TIA

I never heard of sales on shore excursions, as they tend to get booked pretty early. But someone once told me I don't know everything (or maybe they said "anything"). 

Navigator can sometime be a bit sporadic until you get close to boarding. Reservations should show on the online page, though.

• Like 1

Better to use website before boarding. Navigator is glichy (well so is website but at least you know it connects to the server...sometimes).

I haven't seen excursions go on sale but have seen them increase in price after boarding. Especially if popular. Tours are priced through the vendor and if not enough prople sign up they don't drop the price but will cancel the tour. Best to book what you want as soon as possible and read the cancelation rules (they vary). You can always cancel the excursion later (subject to rules, usually 24-36 hours before the tour except specialty or overnight tours). 

Or you see if anyone on your Roll Call is organizing any interesting private tours. Usually a lot cheaper than HAL tours. There is a link at top left of this page.

6 hours ago, josumello said:

When are we able to book specialty dining?

Not until a few months before the cruise.  You just need to keep checking.  Use the HAL website under "Manage My Cruise".

~Nancy

• Like 1

Start looking for specialty dining 6 months prior to the sailing date. It's almost always there 4 months out.

If join the roll call for your cruise, you'll probably see someone post about it there as soon as it's available.