Day Trip to Bosnia from Dubrovnik?

Our Celebrity Cruise is overnighting in Dubrovnik in July. We also stop in Split and Zadar. I'm thinking of booking an independent tour through Viator for our first day that goes across the border into Bosnia Herzegovina for the day. We'd have to do in on our first day as most of them are about 10-11 hours long, it seems. Has anyone done this? Any input, tips? Thanks in advance! 

Hello:
Years ago I was on vacation in Croatia. Looking for accommodation I remember that there was one that stated "15 km from Dubrovnik, you need to cross a border". And it was in a small town behind the border.
I was checking, there's nothing to see in that area unless you want to say you've been to Bosnia. You do have things to see in other places in Bosnia that may be worth it but further away from the coast.

I guess you only want to hook Bosnia as "have been there" as there is nothing to see and do near Dubrovnik. Just take a local Dubrovnik city bus from the bus station to Donji Brgat and walk the last 2 km to Ivanica. Nice views of the coast line , so "nothing to see" is not totally correct.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mskaufman said:

How long (time) is the bus ride and how often do they run?  Any issues in crossing the border? 

Hi.

I do not know. As said, I have ever been there. I just looked for a lot of information some years ago when I was in Croatia on holidays but my destination was another city finally.

But as said, except for having these views and just to say you were in Bosnia there's nothing to do there.

image.thumb.png.550ebb23c63c305bcae098b452f87d50.png

If you finally go, some things to keep in mind

- they do not use euro (instead of Montenegro that, not belonging to EU, they use euro). You will have to ask for Bosnian marks (any bill payed in euro will be more expensive)

- ask your mobile company about fares in Bosnia. It is not EU

• 2 weeks later...

When we were in Dubrovnik we had a rental car and drove to Mostar in Bosnia.  I checked Viator and there are several day trips from Dubrovnik to Mostar that you can purchase. I don't know anything about them or how long they let you visit Mostar, but the four of us absolutely loved Mostar!  We ended up spending the night there and all of us wished we could have stayed longer.  Mostar has this incredible recreated ancient bridge in a lovely setting. Plus, mosques with minarets that you can climb, a really neat cobblestone road with tiny interesting shops: a quick introduction to the Muslim culture.