Question about Tokyo - Narita airport

For those of you who have flown into Narito, could you give me an estimate as to how far is it to luggage and customs/immigration.  I am trying to decide if I need to reserve a wheelchair for this walk.

3 minutes ago, mj_holiday said:

For those of you who have flown into Narito, could you give me an estimate as to how far is it to luggage and customs/immigration.  I am trying to decide if I need to reserve a wheelchair for this walk.

It's kind of far. I'd say at least a couple of blocks. A good ten-minute walk. 

6 minutes ago, tubeamps said:

It was also about an 1 hour 20 minutes ride to get to our Regent provided hotel in the Shinjuku district.

That's a good point. Haneda airport (HND) is much more convenient to central Tokyo; it's a half hour versus a 60- 90-minute bus ride. Traffic on either route could be nasty.

Only flown out of Narita - as indicated, that is at least an 80 minute journey to central Tokyo.

It is always a risk at airports, depends where the plane docks in relation to baggage & customs etc. Unlikely to be a short distance in my view, the chair would be a sensible move for my money.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, mj_holiday said:

Narita is large. I personally would reserve a wheelchair, rather than wish I had. 

Edited by labonnevie
Wrong word

On 3/19/2024 at 10:44 AM, mj_holiday said:

We just came through Narita March 15th. Reserve a wheelchair as it is a long walk then the lines through immigration are long and slow. 

Thanks for your responses.

Looking at the airport web for reserving a wheel chair, they also mentioned carts that you get at central locations.  My husband can walk, just not very far.  Does anyone know about getting a cart?  How close are they to the gates?

4 hours ago, Nachosdelux said:

I would recommend a wheelchair over a cart.  The cart cannot meet you at the aircraft (a wheelchair can).  Some of the jetways are long.   Keep it simple

Agree. 

I've not needed assistance (yet), but your airline could probably arrange chair or cart easier than you trying to do it through the airport.  Just a thought.  Safe travels!

22 hours ago, miklinga said:

I've not needed assistance (yet), but your airline could probably arrange chair or cart easier than you trying to do it through the airport.  Just a thought.  Safe travels!

Thanks for your comments.  This is new for us, DH recently had back surgery.  There is a place on the airline web where you manage your air tickets to request a wheelchair.

• Like 1