Virgin pricing

dvt8

14 minutes ago, dvt8 said:

The new promo is 80% off second sailor. When I do the calculations on the now increased base fare, it basically works out the same as what I paid on the 60% off plus $200 drinks. 

So what I've learned is that virgin promos are pretty much like other cruise line promo/discount. They shuffle everything around to appear like they are discounting but only truly discount when needed. 

You nailed it.  There are occasional changes....on one cruise I rebooked to save $135 but had to give up a bottle of Moet (TA rebooked but said VV asked 3 times if she was sure I wanted to do that).  However, on another cruise a new deal came out that got me a cash savings of $400 plus a bar tab of a lot (I think $600).  But mostly it is a matter of how they shuffle the deal.

• Like 2

VV tends to go up in price as the sail date gets closer. I've seen it go up 2 to 3x the original cruise fare in the weeks and months before sail date.  Our Thanksgiving cruise last November was 3x the original cruise fare a few months before sailing.

VV's best pricing tends to be the day they open up.  Note that if the pricing does go down, VV does not price match like other cruise lines. You'll have to cancel your cruise and rebook. When you do that, you will lose any promotion that was attached to the original sailing and be rebooked with any current promotions. Your MNVV can be cancelled and reused one time. 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2024 at 3:06 PM, dvt8 said:

So what I've learned is that virgin promos are pretty much like other cruise line promo/discount. They shuffle everything around to appear like they are discounting but only truly discount when needed

The best is NCL. They alternate between One Guest Free! and 50% off Both Guests!  It's the exact same offer, different words. And I'll get calls all the time, "Hey they changed the offer! Can we rebook to get the new rate?"  I have to explain it's literally the same deal, bringing up the pricing so they can see it, just different wording. 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My 2025 sailing is now $1200 cheaper than it was 2 weeks ago. It had already dropped $700 which I cancelled and rebooked - and now the free bar tab promo has ended another $500 has been knocked off. I don’t drink so I’d rather have the saving, but not sure I can get the extra reduction as I have a MNNV. Great price now for a transatlantic though.

On 3/23/2024 at 12:59 PM, garycarla said:

Maybe.  But that is big assumption. This may be an indirect way of raising prices.   (might be a small assumption)

And so we see now the free bar tab promo is over and prices have indeed fallen, my suspicions/assumptions were correct and not so “big” after all… 😜

• Like 1

4 hours ago, genian_travels said:

My 2025 sailing is now $1200 cheaper than it was 2 weeks ago. It had already dropped $700 which I cancelled and rebooked - and now the free bar tab promo has ended another $500 has been knocked off. I don’t drink so I’d rather have the saving, but not sure I can get the extra reduction as I have a MNNV. Great price now for a transatlantic though.

Check with your TA.  MNVV are transferrable.,,,,I believe twice.  That means you could hypothetically cancel and rebook twice if that is what works for you. Yes, if you cancel and rebook, you lose the old promotion and pick up the new one.  IF this is your second rebooking, you should lose the bar tab but keep the MNVV perks

1 hour ago, cantgetin said:

Check with your TA.  MNVV are transferrable.,,,,I believe twice.  That means you could hypothetically cancel and rebook twice if that is what works for you. Yes, if you cancel and rebook, you lose the old promotion and pick up the new one.  IF this is your second rebooking, you should lose the bar tab but keep the MNVV perks

Yes, this would be the second rebooking. The T&Cs say only one date change/cancel and rebook is allowed with a MNNV. But my TA is investigating 🤞🏼

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2024 at 10:10 PM, -The-True-North- said:

Ships are all the same.

Shows are different, but on repeat. Seen them all now and don't plan on seeing them again. Miss behave was amazing the first time... Second was a snooze.

Foods the same

Activities the same

Drinks are the same.

Decor the same

Pool SUCKS!!!!

Its Groundhog Day. 4 ships and they are all identical. Brilliant lady hasn't even launched, but it's already going to feel like a 5 years old ship.

Thankfully we pick itineraries based on locations, and don't have many cruising days so experience limited time on the ship.

If it's your first sailing, you'll have a blast (hopefully). After that each sailing loses it's luster. 

Yeah, I just came off a 12 night Resilient Lady sailing, 91% occupancy, with 2550 pax. We had 6 sea days, the weather was bad. Windy, rainy and sometimes even cold. The indoor public areas were super mobbed. During the day, one could barely find some where to sit and just have a drink. I think many previous VV sailors had cruises that sailed with a lot less passengers. It was so crowded, we met people that never were able to get into a restaurant for dinner. Which I later found out is part of VV plans.

Four almost identical ships was not a good plan. I won't sail with VV for a long time. Just too many hassles. We're one and done. We also were canceled off the Brilliant Lady, so we had to do a VV cruise to get the value from our money sitting at VV for 2 years.

• Like 1