Eclipse

Cruzinram

Is the Eclipse scheduled for Day Dock next year. I see a gap between her arrival in Southampton and Amsterdam of about three weeks. Looks like a Dry Dock. What will they be doing to her?

Posted (edited)

I don't know whether or not it is going into drydock then, but if it is it would likely be a scheduled maintenance drydock based on the timeframe you reference. Cruise ships generally enter these maintenance drydocks about every 5 years for routine maintenance and general cosmetic improvements.  Refurbishments typically take longer which is why I wouldn't suspect that.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

4 hours ago, Cruzinram said:

Is the Eclipse scheduled for Day Dock next year. I see a gap between her arrival in Southampton and Amsterdam of about three weeks. Looks like a Dry Dock. What will they be doing to her?

I'm on the Mar 2025 - Apr 3, 2025 TA that ends in SH.  There seems to be a two week gap there as well.

40 minutes ago, Rgryoung20 said:

Yesterday all the Bermuda sailings June 9th -August 2nd disappeared, then today they reappeared.  I wonder if they are doing something IT related.

Better not have disappeared as we are on the 6/23 sailing - LOL.  May be repricing the remaining staterooms.

Don't expect anything but maintenance dry docking for any M or S class ship Unless they are adding stuff for Suite Guests.

They hacked off 1/3 of the Sky Lounge on Reflection to create more suites.

X is spending big on building new Edge class ships and just keeping the older ships in good enough shape for those of us who Like them.

The M class ships are at 24 years old and we better enjoy them now as they will probably be sold off around 28-30 years.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, D. B. said:

Don't expect anything but maintenance dry docking for any M or S class ship....

X is spending big on building new Edge class ships and just keeping the older ships in good enough shape for those of us who Like them.

The M class ships are at 24 years old and we better enjoy them now as they will probably be sold off around 28-30 years.

Not unlike her sister company RCCL with their Vision and Radiance class ships in particular.  Likely nearing the end of their useful life.  Their focus is mainly on Oasis and Icon class ships in terms of new builds.  Although there does seem to be some traction building regarding the possibility of a new mid-size clean sheet design to replace these older ships.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ExArkie said:

In the following thread, Post #21 from January 6 this year says Eclipse dry dock is scheduled following the 2025 transatlantic. 

If that is the price for an Inside cabin (Now) then it went Up since I have a Prime Veranda cabin for that price.

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I prefer smaller ships as we progress in age so are somewhat dismayed at the intro of the super cruisers!   Though some smaller ships poorer in appearance or maintenance, maybe that is what we have to put up with!

• Like 1

On 4/3/2024 at 7:54 AM, Queenmom1947 said:

My husband and I prefer smaller ships as we progress in age so are somewhat dismayed at the intro of the super cruisers!   Though some smaller ships poorer in appearance or maintenance, maybe that is what we have to put up with!

It's called Economics of Scale.

A ship with 4-6 thousand Guests makes More $$$Per Guest than a smaller one with fewer guests. 

Unless you charge more $$$ per guest like the Luxury cruise lines.

For those of us who Like Celebrity but prefer smaller less crowded ships like the M class the poorer appearance can be tolerated.

Celebrity sold off Azamara and replaced it with Silversea for those with deeper pockets who like small ships. 

I will be going on a Silversea cruise to Alaska in May but it will be A One and Done experience.

On 4/3/2024 at 10:54 AM, Queenmom1947 said:

Perhaps you should consider Oceania

• Like 1