LIVE 🚢🎉🥳🍾⛵️Allure of the Seas - April 5, 2024

2 hours ago, Denversail said:

At this point I just feel like I’m watching a sitcom called “Ducks and Dogs”. I just can’t think of any other explanation for it. 🤷‍♀️

That reminds me - is everyone hiding and finding ducks?   We did that on our last cruise and had so much fun.   I asked denversail to take some ducks with her to hide but sadly she refused.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

DUPABLE here

Does everyone notice how much calmer Mr IT is compared to denversail?   She really needs to follow his lead and take some deep breaths.   My secret to destressing is to focus on how shortly she will be relaxing at their hotel and beach.   I will call her in the morning and share my helpful advice - I'm sure she will appreciate it.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

7 hours ago, Dupable said:

DUPABLE here

Does everyone notice how much calmer Mr IT is compared to denversail?   She really needs to follow his lead and take some deep breaths.   My secret to destressing is to focus on how shortly she will be relaxing at their hotel and beach.   I will call her in the morning and share my helpful advice - I'm sure she will appreciate it.   

Who wouldn’t want an early morning dose of motherly advice?

IMG_1556.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

Now I’m stressed. I’m working from home today. I was happily sitting my office working away while daydreaming about my vacation when I start to hear this loud noise. It sounds like someone is drilling into my roof. At first I think it is coming from one of my neighbors but then I realize the sound is actually coming from my basement. 

I go down into the basement and get Mr. IT on the phone so he can hear. It is about every 20 or 30 seconds this loud vibrating sound comes from our vents above the water heater. Every time it would happen I could hear birds chirping. This is in my basement. This went on for about 10 minutes. Then silence.

I went outside to the side of the house and bird feathers were blowing down from my roof. I have no idea what just happened. It is freaking me out. Mr. IT thinks our house is possessed.

IMG_1557.jpeg

• Like 3

DUPABLE here

Good morning everyone.   Not sure why denversail is so upset this morning - of course her house is possessed.  This is nothing new.  Someday when she is calmer maybe she will share with you the LONG list of strange and expensive occurrences.  And the thing is, instead of running for the hills she keeps doing repairs and even improvements.  I think she is a bit afraid of the house and keeps trying to make it happy.  Now don't get me wrong - it is a beautiful house and great for entertaining all our family or just one of our frequent card games and the dogs love their big yard and window seat to watch the world go by.  I'm sure the house will still be there waiting for them when they return.   But it has been months since she has thrown any money to it so wouldn't be surprised if it is planning something for her.   I'm sure we will all be glad when they are finally settled on the ship !

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Dupable said:

DUPABLE here

Good morning everyone.   Not sure why denversail is so upset this morning - of course her house is possessed.  This is nothing new.  Someday when she is calmer maybe she will share with you the LONG list of strange and expensive occurrences.  And the thing is, instead of running for the hills she keeps doing repairs and even improvements.  I think she is a bit afraid of the house and keeps trying to make it happy.  Now don't get me wrong - it is a beautiful house and great for entertaining all our family or just one of our frequent card games and the dogs love their big yard and window seat to watch the world go by.  I'm sure the house will still be there waiting for them when they return.   But it has been months since she has thrown any money to it so wouldn't be surprised if it is planning something for her.   I'm sure we will all be glad when they are finally settled on the ship !

The POSSESSED  

HOUSE.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Denversail said:

Now I’m stressed. I’m working from home today. I was happily sitting my office working away while daydreaming about my vacation when I start to hear this loud noise. It sounds like someone is drilling into my roof. At first I think it is coming from one of my neighbors but then I realize the sound is actually coming from my basement. 

I go down into the basement and get Mr. IT on the phone so he can hear. It is about every 20 or 30 seconds this loud vibrating sound comes from our vents above the water heater. Every time it would happen I could hear birds chirping. This is in my basement. This went on for about 10 minutes. Then silence.

I went outside to the side of the house and bird feathers were blowing down from my roof. I have no idea what just happened. It is freaking me out. Mr. IT thinks our house is possessed.

IMG_1557.jpeg

Any updates....you really can't leave us hanging

• Like 2

1 hour ago, julies5280 said:

Any updates....you really can't leave us hanging

No idea what it was. I haven’t heard it again. Dupable thinks I now have a dead animal decomposing in my vents. I hate this house.

What a busy day! Everything is done except the packing. Mr. IT should get home in about a half hour. That is when vacation mode will get turned on. We have about 11 hours before we head out. 

IMG_1559.jpeg

• Like 5

This cute boy got a haircut today, gonna miss him.  I should be packing to reduce Denversail's stress but I think I'll capture my buddy Bandit a little more 

20240403_180429.jpg

• Like 9

It is almost 7 pm. Mr. IT seemed shocked when I reminded him we are leaving at 3:30 am. We haven’t done nothin. My goal is to pack and be in bed by 8:30 or 9. 

IMG_1563.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

7 hours ago, julies5280 said:

Dupable??? How did the call go? 

Never really happened.  She definitely did not seem receptive but maybe something did sink in because she was much calmer this afternoon.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Denversail said:

Our flight has been cancelled. They rebooked us on a 10 am flight in economy. 

IMG_1564.jpeg

I hope you get out in the 10:00 AM one.  You can go back to sleep for a bit. 

Hopefully next report will be from you on plane. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

It is around 5 am. We have decided to head out at 7 am. We were told that we were rebooked on the flight but it won’t let me select seats. Our boarding passes say “see agent”. We will get there and just see what happens. I was chatting with a United agent earlier and he said I’m entitled to a refund that I can request online after my flight. That is because they downgraded our seats. Mr. IT isn’t happy about that. 

IMG_1565.jpeg

Edited by Denversail
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)

We are now on our way to the airport. Of course as we went to leave our garage door decided it didn’t want to close. I hate that house.

IMG_1566.jpeg

Edited by Denversail
  • Like 5