LIVE 🚢🎉🥳🍾⛵️Allure of the Seas - April 5, 2024

We have all been ghosted by someone in our lives. Anyone else been ghosted by their mother while on vacation? Feels like Dupable left the building and isn’t coming back. 

IMG_1608.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Great pictures of Coco Cay Beach Club @Mr. IT! Thank you. We will be there in about 31/2 weeks and are really looking forward to it. 

Do you by any chance have any photos of your Beach Club lunch? DH is nowhere near the beach fan that I am, but from what I’ve seen so far I think he’ll lie a big fan of the lunch! 😋

Did either of you go in the water, either at the pool or at the beach? I’m wondering how the water temperatures are. 

Thanks! 

@Dupable, where are you? You’re supposed to be on this sailing virtually like the rest of us that are joining Denversail and Mr. IT from home. It’s not the same without you here!

• Like 2

Dupable here

Do you all remember what my job was while denversail and Mr IT cruised into the sunset?   Take care of the dogs, meaning go over and let them out for a few minutes.   She has made it sound like something I am doing for her while she goes on this trip.  In actuality, it is my permanent year round job.  They both work long hours and Wolf works also so the dog's  midday break falls to me.   Wolf was off Friday and Saturday so I did get a nice break those days.   Today Wolf worked so like usual, I headed over about 10:30 to let them out.  Denversail and Mr IT will be relieved to hear that it appears Wolf is doing a very good job.   House was all picked up, no sign of dog messes, and their water bowls were full.  However it does appear that he does not let them out for as long as they would like as they were out forever and didn't want to come in.  Princess was dancing around the yard and PupPup was busy filling up on rabbit poop.   Finally they were settled inside and I left and stopped at the store on the way home.  As I was about to leave the store Wolf texts and asks if I fed the dogs?   What??   That is not in my job description and this is news to me.  He insists we had discussed it days ago ......   So back to the house I go with written instructions from Wolf on feeding.  Both dogs seemed very confused when I walked back in the door.   PupPup realized he was starving as soon as he saw he was getting dinner and gulped his food in seconds.  (if he was my dog I would get him one of those slow feeder bowls but no one ever takes my advice.)  As for Princess - there is a reason they have nicknamed her Princess.  Watching her eat is like Chinese water torture.  I followed Wolf's instructions of soaking her food in hot water but she only has two teeth in her whole mouth.  She eats one piece of kibble at a time and chews (gums) each bite for some time.  (I would have her on soft food, but once again....).   Finally she finishes but now I don't feel like I can just leave them so outside we go again.  When all is said and done, what usually takes about 15 minutes takes over an hour.  And I get to do it again tomorrow but happily no feeding involved.   There is a silver lining.  Denversail is doing a favor for us.  We head out of town Thursday morning for 6 days.   She has promised to water my plants for me.  Of course we are arguing about that.  She wants to come every other day and I want every day.   These are baby seedlings, some haven't even germinated and there are grow lights and heat mats involved.  Will my plants survive?   Will she come every day (like I do for her dogs?).  Time will tell.   

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, perfect match said:

Great pictures of Coco Cay Beach Club @Mr. IT! Thank you. We will be there in about 31/2 weeks and are really looking forward to it. 

Do you by any chance have any photos of your Beach Club lunch? DH is nowhere near the beach fan that I am, but from what I’ve seen so far I think he’ll lie a big fan of the lunch! 😋

Did either of you go in the water, either at the pool or at the beach? I’m wondering how the water temperatures are. 

Thanks! 

@Dupable, where are you? You’re supposed to be on this sailing virtually like the rest of us that are joining Denversail and Mr. IT from home. It’s not the same without you here!

@perfect match Thank you!!  Sorry, no food pics this time.  We both went into the ocean and the pool.  Both were nice, the pool was heated and wonderful.  The ocean was brisk at first but a nice cool down.  I would definitely go back especially with the tram from ship to beach and back, that saved my back and feet quite a bit allowing me to enjoy the beach even more 

20240407_121307.jpg

Edited by Mr. IT
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Dupable said:

Dupable here

Do you all remember what my job was while denversail and Mr IT cruised into the sunset?   Take care of the dogs, meaning go over and let them out for a few minutes.   She has made it sound like something I am doing for her while she goes on this trip.  In actuality, it is my permanent year round job.  They both work long hours and Wolf works also so the dog's  midday break falls to me.   Wolf was off Friday and Saturday so I did get a nice break those days.   Today Wolf worked so like usual, I headed over about 10:30 to let them out.  Denversail and Mr IT will be relieved to hear that it appears Wolf is doing a very good job.   House was all picked up, no sign of dog messes, and their water bowls were full.  However it does appear that he does not let them out for as long as they would like as they were out forever and didn't want to come in.  Princess was dancing around the yard and PupPup was busy filling up on rabbit poop.   Finally they were settled inside and I left and stopped at the store on the way home.  As I was about to leave the store Wolf texts and asks if I fed the dogs?   What??   That is not in my job description and this is news to me.  He insists we had discussed it days ago ......   So back to the house I go with written instructions from Wolf on feeding.  Both dogs seemed very confused when I walked back in the door.   PupPup realized he was starving as soon as he saw he was getting dinner and gulped his food in seconds.  (if he was my dog I would get him one of those slow feeder bowls but no one ever takes my advice.)  As for Princess - there is a reason they have nicknamed her Princess.  Watching her eat is like Chinese water torture.  I followed Wolf's instructions of soaking her food in hot water but she only has two teeth in her whole mouth.  She eats one piece of kibble at a time and chews (gums) each bite for some time.  (I would have her on soft food, but once again....).   Finally she finishes but now I don't feel like I can just leave them so outside we go again.  When all is said and done, what usually takes about 15 minutes takes over an hour.  And I get to do it again tomorrow but happily no feeding involved.   There is a silver lining.  Denversail is doing a favor for us.  We head out of town Thursday morning for 6 days.   She has promised to water my plants for me.  Of course we are arguing about that.  She wants to come every other day and I want every day.   These are baby seedlings, some haven't even germinated and there are grow lights and heat mats involved.  Will my plants survive?   Will she come every day (like I do for her dogs?).  Time will tell.   

Folks, fire up the popcorn machine again.  The show will begin as soon as my salty sailor unpacks this gem.  I showed her a quick preview and all she did was shake her head and mumble oh I got something for her. 

Front row seat: CHECK

Popcorn: CHECK

Just waiting for the lights to lower and the show to start, gonna be juicy

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Mr. IT said:

@perfect match Thank you!!  Sorry, no food pics this time.  We both went into the ocean and the pool.  Both were nice, the pool was heated and wonderful.  The ocean was brisk at first but a nice cool down.  I would definitely go back especially with the tram from ship to beach and back, that saved my back and feet quite a bit allowing me to enjoy the beach even more 

20240407_121307.jpg

Thatk you for the info Mr. IT! 

I’m glad to heat that the pool is heated. For some reason I thought it wasn’t. Maybe I’ll even get my always cold DH in the pool. I will be swimming in both the pool and ocean. 🌞 

Glad to hear that the dogs are doing ok. Popcorn is ready. 🍿 🍿

Will you be flying home during the eclipse? Just heard on our local news a while ago that it starts here in Central Florida at 1:46 PM, Max 57% eclipse at 3:03 and wraps up around 4:00 PM.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Dupable said:

Dupable here

What are you talking about? Just say you fed the dogs. It took me 10 minutes to read that babbling mess. Did you speak with any employees at the store?

That was a lot of complaining packed into one post.

IMG_1613.jpeg

Edited by Denversail
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

It is 8:30 am and we just finished breakfast. The ship cleared late around 7 am. They stopped letting folks off at 8 but sounds like they have started again. We are going to grab our bags and get off soon. We will be heading to Winter Park as it was suggested here. We are going to check out Leu gardens and get some lunch.

• Like 5

We are off the ship and in the car. There was still a lot of people. It took about 20 minutes to get off and in the car. We have an hour drive in front of us.

IMG_1614.jpeg

• Like 5