Homewood Suites Downtown/Brickell Miami

LuCruise

In the past we have stayed at Hampton Inn Brickell before when cruising out of Miami.  When looking a month ago, it was very expensive so didn't book it for our Dec cruise (and now it's sold out).  For the time being, we booked an airport hotel but there isn't much around it.  Today I was looking and saw Homewood Suites Downtown/Brickell.  It looks nice and also seems walkable to the Hampton Inn, where we know there are good restaurants and Publix nearby.  This is just for the one night before the cruise.

Anyone stayed here and has any feedback?

Also, anyone know if the sofa bed is a decent size?

Thanks.

Haven't stayed there but I can tell you that it's walkable to all the restaurants in Brickell.  It's south of the Publix that is on Coral Way/13th street.

That Publix also has a liquor store and a pharmacy outside of the store.  A Walgreens is right next door. 

16 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Haven't stayed there but I can tell you that it's walkable to all the restaurants in Brickell.  It's south of the Publix that is on Coral Way/13th street.

That Publix also has a liquor store and a pharmacy outside of the store.  A Walgreens is right next door. 

Thank you.  That's exactly what we were hoping.  We looked at another one and although it was "Brickell", it wasn't walkable due to a having to go along a road with no sidewalks to get to the good area.

Homewood Suites itself has a good reputation .

54 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Thank you.  That's exactly what we were hoping.  We looked at another one and although it was "Brickell", it wasn't walkable due to a having to go along a road with no sidewalks to get to the good area.

Homewood Suites itself has a good reputation .

You are welcome. I lived on Brickell for 8 years and was just there two weeks ago so happy to help. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed there in March. We had no complaints. We don't walk well, so didn't check out the area. Good breakfast included. They do have a company that provides transportation to the port for $15 per person with credit card or $12 cash. My suggestion is pay the extra $3 and DON'T do the cash thing. The guys on the bus, who didn't speak English very well got very confused about those who paid cash. They didn't know who paid, and who didn't. We were at the port within 30 minutes. Very easy.

6 hours ago, Socal404 said:

We stayed there in March. We had no complaints. We don't walk well, so didn't check out the area. Good breakfast included. They do have a company that provides transportation to the port for $15 per person with credit card or $12 cash. My suggestion is pay the extra $3 and DON'T do the cash thing. The guys on the bus, who didn't speak English very well got very confused about those who paid cash. They didn't know who paid, and who didn't. We were at the port within 30 minutes. Very easy.

Thanks so much for the feedback. Good to hear from personal experience that you were happy with the hotel.  We typically take an uber to the port as we are 4 and like to go on our own time, but will keep it in mind in case we go with the shuttle.

8 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks so much for the feedback. Good to hear from personal experience that you were happy with the hotel.  We typically take an uber to the port as we are 4 and like to go on our own time, but will keep it in mind in case we go with the shuttle.

Take an uber.  The port is only 3 miles away and a 15 minute.  An Uber XL will run you about $24. There are premier SUVS in the area as well and that will run about $38

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1