Crown Loft Suite Questions Oasis

1 hour ago, vjmatty said:

While the food quality was decent in CK on Oasis, there was way too much repetition especially for a 7 day sailing. I remember a lunch menu being repeated for dinner two days later. 

Lunch menu for dinner?  That seems very strange and not the typical case on a cruise.

The CK dinner menu changes every night for 7 nights, then starts repeating again on night 8.  That has been my experience recently on two different ships.  The breakfast menu is the same every day.  The lunch menu has quite a bit of repetition but some different choices daily.  In fact I would say exactly the same thing about Luminae on Celebrity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Are all the Crown Loft Suites basically the same or are some "better" than others in terms of the room and/or location (on Oasis)? From the deck plans it seems like the ones facing the back don't have a water view like the ones on both sides. Any other differences? 

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Lunch menu for dinner?  That seems very strange and not the typical case on a cruise.

The CK dinner menu changes every night for 7 nights, then starts repeating again on night 8.  That has been my experience recently on two different ships.  The breakfast menu is the same every day.  The lunch menu has quite a bit of repetition but some different choices daily.  In fact I would say exactly the same thing about Luminae on Celebrity.

This was October 2021 so maybe it was restart related, but there was definitely repetition within the 7 days, and more than once. Based on your post I’m hoping that’s changed, as we’re sailing Symphony in September.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, OceanCruise said:

Are all the Crown Loft Suites basically the same or are some "better" than others in terms of the room and/or location (on Oasis)? From the deck plans it seems like the ones facing the back don't have a water view like the ones on both sides. Any other differences? 

It depends on if you like to people watch or prefer ocean facing.  I'm in the ocean facing camp because I enjoy sitting on my balcony while sailing or in port and listening/watching the ocean.  Others who enjoy people watching, the activities on the sport court and golf court provide entertainment.

The rooms are basically the same, but the balcony sizing can differ.  Suites 1702 and 1756 have smaller balconies.  The Aft facing cabins, I think the balconies are actually deeper than the ocean facing, except for the two ends on either side.  But, those two end cabins also have a slight view of the aft wake, which is always nice to watch.

The CLS are great rooms with a huge hallway, very little foot traffic, and an easy walk to the Suite Lounge, Coast Kitchen, and down one flight to Wind Jammer.  But it is more remote to the rest of the ship.  I like the quiet ☺️

Edited by jk04
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, vjmatty said:

This was October 2021 so maybe it was restart related, but there was definitely repetition within the 7 days, and more than once. Based on your post I’m hoping that’s changed, as we’re sailing Symphony in September.

Yes that might explain it.  We did Symphony recently and loved it!  Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, OceanCruise said:

I agree with @jk04on this. We definitely choose the ones on either side facing the ocean.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jk04 said:

It depends on if you like to people watch or prefer ocean facing.  I'm in the ocean facing camp because I enjoy sitting on my balcony while sailing or in port and listening/watching the ocean.  Others who enjoy people watching, the activities on the sport court and golf court provide entertainment.

The rooms are basically the same, but the balcony sizing can differ.  Suites 1702 and 1756 have smaller balconies.  The Aft facing cabins, I think the balconies are actually deeper than the ocean facing, except for the two ends on either side.  But, those two end cabins also have a slight view of the aft wake, which is always nice to watch.

The CLS are great rooms with a huge hallway, very little foot traffic, and an easy walk to the Suite Lounge, Coast Kitchen, and down one flight to Wind Jammer.  But it is more remote to the rest of the ship.  I like the quiet ☺️

If I didn’t mind the expense I’d book the Aqua suites to have the best of both worlds. Ocean on one side, people watching on the other. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, jk04 said:

Thanks for the explanation. We will have CLS #1742, which is the first one on the side of the Aft facing balconies. We do like to people watch but usually do that on the pool deck or the Promenade and/or CP. Very much looking forward to most meals in CK, drinks in the SL, and enjoying quiet time for reading and/or napping! Yay!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, vjmatty said:

If I didn’t mind the expense I’d book the Aqua suites to have the best of both worlds. Ocean on one side, people watching on the other. 

Are you referring to the Aqua Theatre Suites?

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, TeeRick said:

I agree with @jk04on this. We definitely choose the ones on either side facing the ocean.

Agreed.  I've done both an ocean facing and a rear facing (overlooking the sport court) CLS and have to say that while both offer the same amenities and we love the convenience of the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen...we preferred the ocean facing.  I think (if memory serves) there are a couple of price categories of CLS suite too, so something to consider...handicapped accessible CLS offers an elevator and a couple CLS have an adjoining cabin.

Edited by SuzD123
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, vjmatty said:

Yes, that’s what I meant 🙂

They look nice but pretty expensive.  I think they would be too noisy for us with all of the Aqua show activity.