Norway excursions?

Hope some of you AOV veterans can answer this question. We are considering an Arctic cruise in August 2025 on AOV as I really like their itinerary. We have cruised Ponant, Windstar, and Azamara as well as most of the bigger lines, but never with AOV. But I can’t find any info on the AOV website about specific excursions offered. 
My real question is about the port stop in Flam. The cruise itinerary only shows 3 hours in the port of Flam.  I don’t see how that is enough time to do the train or really anything else in town. Does anyone have any info about that? 

Tarrant Frog,

This is Jason @ Atlas, our available shore excursions for Northern Europe are showcased in a PDF booklet and you may view the available excursions and descriptions of all the tours offered in Flam here: https://flip.atlasoceanvoyages.com/books/qckb/#p=43.

All shore excursion books may be viewed at https://atlasoceanvoyages.com/brochures

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, AOV Communications said:

Tarrant Frog,

This is Jason @ Atlas, our available shore excursions for Northern Europe are showcased in a PDF booklet and you may view the available excursions and descriptions of all the tours offered in Flam here: https://flip.atlasoceanvoyages.com/books/qckb/#p=43.

All shore excursion books may be viewed at https://atlasoceanvoyages.com/brochures

23 minutes ago, AOV Communications said:

Tarrant Frog,

Thanks, I had not seen how to access your excursions offered. But my question remains-none of the excursions you list for Flam will work for this August 2025 cruise if you in fact are in port only 3 hours. 

I find the Atlas shore excursion brochure to be confusing. Also lacking information. For our upcoming Mediterranean cruise in June this year, there are 2 ports that have no excursions listed at all. What am I to make of that? Should I just be planning my own itinerary?

12 minutes ago, crimmj said:

I find the Atlas shore excursion brochure to be confusing. Also lacking information. For our upcoming Mediterranean cruise in June this year, there are 2 ports that have no excursions listed at all. What am I to make of that? Should I just be planning my own itinerary?

crimmj, may I ask which itinerary you're booked and I will be glad to check for you.

58 minutes ago, Tarrant Frog said:

Thanks, I had not seen how to access your excursions offered. But my question remains-none of the excursions you list for Flam will work for this August 2025 cruise if you in fact are in port only 3 hours. 

Tarrant Frog, let me verify with our itinerary team and check on the expected shore excursions that are planned for that day.  Give me 24 hrs for the follow-up and I'll respond back here. 

Voyage ID WTR240614

Are there are going to be excursions coming for Ancona, Italy and Durres (Tirana), Albania?  They have none listed in the Atlas brochure. 

Thank you AOV Communications 🙂

23 hours ago, AOV Communications said:

Tarrant Frog, let me verify with our itinerary team and check on the expected shore excursions that are planned for that day.  Give me 24 hrs for the follow-up and I'll respond back here. 

Tarrant Frog, I understand from our itinerary team that we will one or two select full-day tours departing from Flam in the morning and concluding in the afternoon in Gudvangen. Guests will  enjoy a ride on the train between the two villages and experience both destinations in one comprehensive tour.  Additionally, there will be short tour programs offered either in the morning in Flam and also in the afternoon in Gudvangen. We anticipate the tours programs for next summer to be visible early next year. 

21 hours ago, crimmj said:

Voyage ID WTR240614

Are there are going to be excursions coming for Ancona, Italy and Durres (Tirana), Albania?  They have none listed in the Atlas brochure. 

Thank you AOV Communications 🙂

crimmj,

Thank you for your patience while I reviewed the options on your journey. 

The shore excursion booklet was recently updated and want to make sure you've viewing the most recent file here: https://flip.atlasoceanvoyages.com/books/zffn/.  You can find the options for Ancona beginning on pg 28 and for Durres on pg. 64. There are 4 tour options in Ancona and 3 selections in Durres to select from on your expedition. 

Let me know if we can assist with any additional questions.  

Jason

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AOV Communications said:

Tarrant Frog, I understand from our itinerary team that we will one or two select full-day tours departing from Flam in the morning and concluding in the afternoon in Gudvangen. Guests will  enjoy a ride on the train between the two villages and experience both destinations in one comprehensive tour.  Additionally, there will be short tour programs offered either in the morning in Flam and also in the afternoon in Gudvangen. We anticipate the tours programs for next summer to be visible early next year. 

This was going to be my guess, as that's what other cruise lines do – the land tour is long enough going from Flam to Gudvangen, looping back to Flam would be longer and no more scenic.  Everyone will experience the sail-in up the fjord to Flam; those who don't do a full-day excursion will also experience sailing back and up the side fjord to Gudvangen; then everyone will experience sailing out of the Gudvangen fjord and to the sea.  No matter which choice you make, it's a great day!  [I recommend the Flam Railway/Gudvangen excursion.]