Koningsdam Deck 6 bump out cabins V 6128, 6130, 6143, 6145?

Posted (edited)

First timer looking for some help w/ selecting 2 verandah cabins for our roundtrip Alaska cruise on board the Koningsdam.

Thoughts about V 6128 and V 6130 on Deck 6 (Mozart)? These are on the mid ship bump out with larger, angled balconies & we would open the partition in between. Does the deeper, angled balcony enhance or detract from the view? Will we be looking at lifeboats from this angle?

The balconies look to be shielded from the wind even though they are on the bump out. (6143, 6145 are the same, but on the other side). The rest of our group will have interior cabins so some might join us on the balconies, even though I understand you don’t get extra furniture for the extra space.

Any feedback on view, location, noise level, convenience would be greatly appreciated.

Our other option is VA 7119 and VA 7125 mid ship on Deck 7 (Schubert) with standard verandahs. There was positive feedback on these cabins on my previous post in terms of location, view, noise level, convenience. And, w/ Deck 7 being a pretty quiet deck. 

Which set of these cabins would you choose? Thank you for the help! 

E8B58C4C-7ED1-4E00-BD4D-26E478DEB102.png

646999E9-EADC-41D9-B845-D1C4B62761CF.png

Edited by Ileneilene123

1 hour ago, Ileneilene123 said:

Thoughts about V 6128 and V 6130 on Deck 6 (Mozart)? These are on the mid ship bump out with larger, angled balconies & we would open the partition in between. Does the deeper, angled balcony enhance or detract from the view? Will we be looking at lifeboats from this angle?

Deck 6 is as quiet as D.7 -- I would vote in favor of two connecting cabins (and balconies) if travelling with friends or family!

Here is the video of 7109 showing right before the finish, the view of the tenders hanging several decks below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBT9IM2JPUs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Deck 6 is as quiet as D.7 -- I would vote in favor of two connecting cabins (and balconies) if travelling with friends or family!

Good to know that Deck 6 is also quiet. The cabins in each pair that we are considering are right next to each so either way we will be able to share the balconies. Looking forward to that!  

2 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Here is the video of 7109 showing right before the finish, the view of the tenders hanging several decks below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBT9IM2JPUs

Thanks for the video of V 7109 showing the view from the bump out balcony. This gives me a better idea of the view from the bump out on V 6128 (even though it’s one deck down on the other side).

• Like 1

After these posts, it seems to me the only thought left is whether you prefer port or starboard!

There's not too much to be said about that choice from a practical/view standpoint, as the ship can dock so that either side is facing the dock/town.

For some reason we like starboard, although our last couple of cruises we've been portside. So, just whatever feels comfortable to you!

• Thanks 1

On our January 30 Koningsdam cruise we were in 6052 which like 6128 is actually the first cabin after the aft end of a bump out.  The balcony was slightly larger than a regular balcony, and the advantage was two fold.  First the door to the balcony did not open between the chairs but on the end of the angled balcony.  The room was longer so that the desk was next to the couch not across from the couch.  This gave more open space in the cabin and made it easier to walk in that area.  I'm glad to see you are looking at an aft facing cabin, because from what I've heard, the forward facing balconies are pretty windy when the ship is under way.  The angled balconies are not as private, we never found that to be a problem.

I did not take any pictures of the cabin or the balcony, but his is one is looking aft and you can see the lifeboats below  between deck 3 and deck 4.  

20240204_141701.jpg.8e9b55be28ddca53b5fc1b69367810a2.jpg

I hope this answers some of your questions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1