Emerald deck 8 mini suites on Grand class ships

Posted (edited)

I have usually book directly, deck 8 (Emerald) mini suites on Grand class ships. With my last reservation on the Ruby mini suite cabins on deck 8 were not an option. Does any one know why? 

Edited by cruisetilidrop

• cruisetilidrop changed the title to Emerald deck 8 mini suites on Grand class ships
20 minutes ago, cruisetilidrop said:

I have usually book directly, deck 8 (Emerald) mini suites on Grand class ships. With my last reservation on the Ruby mini suite cabins on deck 8 were not an option. Does any one know why? 

Not sure exactly what you are asking.  If you were trying to book a mini suite on deck 8 and they are not available; they are either booked or in a TA room block that could be in place until about 30 days before the cruise date.  Impossible to know which.  When is your cruise?

It has to do with that category being a lead in category and are often only listed as guarantee.

It makes no sense as these are the best mini suites!

@Arizona Wildcat This is not the case as far as TA and holding them. They are just now difficult to book due to Princess change in making the lowest category in each category guarantee cabins.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Not sure exactly what you are asking.  If you were trying to book a mini suite on deck 8 and they are not available; they are either booked or in a TA room block that could be in place until about 30 days before the cruise date.  Impossible to know which.  When is your cruise?

June next year. I did a guarantee mini suite but I don’t want deck 9. 

1 hour ago, cruisetilidrop said:

I agree. It is annoying as I love those on Deck 8 as well.

• Thanks 1

It is strange that Princess would do this. I always want a covered balcony. If I was considering a mini-suite on a Grand class ship and the Emerald deck ones aren't available, I don't think there are any others that are covered? So, I would then book a balcony instead. So, Princess would rather I book a balcony than a mini-suite?

Weird.

1 hour ago, cruisetilidrop said:

For April of 2025, we were able to book E731 on the Sapphire.  It's the most aft mini-suite with the huge balcony.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LACruiser88 said:

For April of 2025, we were able to book E731 on the Sapphire.  It's the most aft mini-suite with the huge balcony.  🤷‍♂️

That is my cabin! I always try to book that cabin 🙂 

• Haha 1