Laundry Services on Grandeur of the Seas

Asking for a friend....Are there self service laundry rooms on the GOS? I've been told you cannot carry on board a personal iron ( not sure about steamer) and she is very particular about having wrinkle free clothing. I found some information on this forum from 14 years ago but who knows what has been changed since then. 

Unfortunately, no Royal Caribbean ships have self-service laundry facilities. Some were added to the ship currently doing the world cruise, but it's generally believed that they will not stay available to passengers afterwards. 

Irons and steamers are both prohibited. There are laundry/pressing services available for quite a steep fee, but most people get by with just Downy Wrinkle Release and steaming items on the back of the bathroom door while they shower. 

• Like 1

I was on Grandeur last fall, and I assure you: 

- Like all other Royal ships, no self-service laundry rooms.  They do offer laundry service, but it's fairly expensive.

- No to iron or steamers.  

- Two suggestions for keeping things wrinkle-free:  Try the Marie Kondo folding method; it keeps things nice and tight, giving clothing less opportunity to move around in the suitcase and wrinkle.  Wrap things in tissue paper (or dry cleaning plastic, though who uses that much dry cleaning these days?).  

A trick we have used for years.  We take an empty spray bottle and a few dryer sheets like Bounce.  Once on board add water and a dryer sheet to the spray bottle.  Instant wrinkle release spray.  It really works!

Yes, usually a discount for pressing related to the first "formal" night.  I've checked with my local dry cleaner and the prices aboard aren't much higher.

As always, take a few photos of items you send out.