Any experience with a Cruising Club?

I consider the yearly fee of $90 as the price of a raffle ticket to win a cruise each month. 

They do have good high tea events (obviously all sales related) but in terms of the the prices they can offer on cruises 99% of the time its the same cost for me to book directly with the cruise line, some times better OBC booking direct with cruise lines.

Given that I never buy raffle tickets, I'd rather have the $90 to spend during the trip than hold out hope I might actually win the cruise raffle.

My experience with this particular TA is that they give more OBC than I can get by booking directly with the cruise line.  They also seem to have an allocation of cabins which are different to the ones offered by the cruise line direct. Sometimes these are in better locations on the ship, sometimes not as good. I still think they are a very good TA to deal with.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2024 at 8:22 AM, Sparky74 said:

Although I haven’t renewed my club membership I'm still getting the special cub members only emails. 🤷‍♂️

I renewed mine, I’m feeling lucky.

Today I had a surprise parcel from them, a good  quality set of four packing cubes.

Cheers Carole

• Like 2

Just now, Elorac123 said:

a good  quality set of four packing cubes

Aldi have them on sale this week for $9.99.  So you have $80.01 to get past until you get value from your Club membership.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

I renewed mine, I’m feeling lucky.

Today I had a surprise parcel from them, a good  quality set of four packing cubes.

Cheers Carole

Well, that's nice! I've just referred a friend and have a $50 credit waiting for my next booking so pretty pleased with that. And I don't buy raffle tickets so view the membership fee as a nice opportunity to win a cruise every month - someone has to win it, after all!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, cruiser3775 said:

Aldi have them on sale this week for $9.99.  So you have $80.01 to get past until you get value from your Club membership.

I just received an extra 200 euro (euro!) OBC for a cruise I transferred to them through being a member. I don't mind having an extra $330-odd dollars (AUD) to spend on that cruise which is in local waters.

Edited by LittleFish1976
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, cruiser3775 said:

No problems doing that I have 12 chances this year to win a holiday and at less than $7 each month.

Cheers Carole

• Like 1

On 4/5/2024 at 7:29 PM, buchhalm said:

I won't belong to a club that accepts me as a member " (Oscar Wilde)

"I refuse to join any club that would have me..." - Groucho Marx