STT Beach Ratings Thread

What is the best way to get to Sapphire Beach?  Are the taxi's like ours here in the states? Or are their frequent buses there? How do you get a taxi or bus to come back?  Are they there frequently all day and you just get on or do you need to schedule? What should I expect to pay to get there?

I know......lots of questions, and I really appreciate the knowledge that is here!!

Not like taxis in States. At the cruise docks mostly large converted trucks with open air bench seating in the back that can seat 15+ people and air conditioner vans. You can google for pictures.

Taxis at both docks will be waiting at both docks to take groups of cruisers to Sapphire and other destinations. There will be taxis at Sapphire to take you back.

The fares from both docks are posted the threads in this forum. It's less than $20 per person each way from either dock.

Posted (edited)

My problem is deciding which one of these great beaches to visit!!!

We are planning far in advance.

I wanted to consider Lindquist-Smiths Bay...  I am all about the beauty and clear blue/turquoise water!   We might have umbrella, but wonder if there will be any locals renting those loungers.     

Since we would be the only ship in port, and Magen's might not be overcrowded, that seems to be the 'easiest' choice.    Then there is Coki, for the fish...

First world decisions!!!

Edited by Wishing on a star

On 6/22/2024 at 10:41 AM, Ms411 said:

Lindbergh Bay which is also known as Emerald Beach is closest to Crown Bay.

I was wrong about the dock. My ship is going to be at Havensight. Which beach is closest to it?

Most people say Morningstar Beach at the Frenchman's Reef Resort is the closest, but Emerald is not too much further.

Morningstar isn't as welcoming to non guests as Emerald, though, but they do sell day passes online at resortforaday.com. 

Most people at Havensight will go to either Coki, Magens, or Sapphire, though.

• Like 1

We’ve been to St. Thomas several times and have spent time at Magen’s Bay, Coki, and Sapphire beach. This time, we chose to take the ferry to Water Island and spend the day at Honeymoon Beach. We absolutely loved it and would definitely do it again!

On 6/26/2024 at 5:44 PM, peanutzmom said:

We’ve been to St. Thomas several times and have spent time at Magen’s Bay, Coki, and Sapphire beach. This time, we chose to take the ferry to Water Island and spend the day at Honeymoon Beach. We absolutely loved it and would definitely do it again!

When were you at Honeymoon last?

1 hour ago, peanutzmom said:

A couple of weeks ago. Our cruise was June 1-8. I think St. Thomas was June 4.

Ok…Some folks haven’t been in years and are shocked at the difference…

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2024 at 5:44 PM, peanutzmom said:

peanutzmom…We’ve been to St. Thomas several times also but have never been to Magen’s or Sapphire. We will only be in port from 6am to 1 pm this time and are trying to decide between these 2 beaches. If you had to choose between these 2 which one would you pick?? I appreciate any feedback. It will be 4 adults. Thank you! 

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, mimi'sgirl said:

peanutzmom…We’ve been to St. Thomas several times also but have never been to Magen’s or Sapphire. We will only be in port from 6am to 1 pm this time and are trying to decide between these 2 beaches. If you had to choose between these 2 which one would you pick?? I appreciate any feedback. It will be 4 adults. Thank you! 

Really depends on where your ship docks. If at Crown Bay we’d definitely choose Lindbergh Bay (aka Emerald Beach). 
If at WICO we’d head to Morningstar if open.

Just not worth the travel time to the nicest East End beaches of Sapphire and Smith Bay with such an early and short port time.

However - if your ship offers an excursion to Smith Bay that may be the one time than a cruise line excursion makes sense! 👍

Edited by blue_water
Typo

On 6/20/2024 at 6:20 AM, gamblinmon said:

Hi all, do you need reservations for Sapphire beach or do you go there and pay as you go?

thanks in advance 

i have reserved a cabana for Sapphire /beach Club and except for one flyer photo, have no idea what it really looks like.  $150 for the day, and an additional $12 pp if we want reserved lounge chairs directly in front the Cabana.  My contact person- Jessica- stated that there are three on the beach, and three on stone paver near the beach.  I've yet to ascertain if that means that they are at a pool/pool deck area. Our cruise is not until November, but I will share back after we return.

An email was sent for first contact, but I cannot locate it to share with you all.  I will keep trying. If anyone else has cabana experience, would love to hear about it.

Scanditaly

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, scanditaly said:

i have reserved a cabana for Sapphire /beach Club and except for one flyer photo, have no idea what it really looks like.  $150 for the day, and an additional $12 pp if we want reserved lounge chairs directly in front the Cabana.  My contact person- Jessica- stated that there are three on the beach, and three on stone paver near the beach.  I've yet to ascertain if that means that they are at a pool/pool deck area. Our cruise is not until November, but I will share back after we return.

An email was sent for first contact, but I cannot locate it to share with you all.  I will keep trying. If anyone else has cabana experience, would love to hear about it.

Scanditaly

Wow…They have6 Bali beds or cabanas in the public section of Sapphire Beach? 

Edited by blue_water

I just saw a photo on their site. Nothing we would be interested in, especially for that price. Perhaps a group of 10 or 15 may want to chip in for the shade? They are right together and just have several patio benches lined up. I was thinking more along the lines of a Bali bed…

On 7/9/2024 at 10:24 AM, blue_water said:

Really depends on where your ship docks. If at Crown Bay we’d definitely choose Lindbergh Bay (aka Emerald Beach). 
If at WICO we’d head to Morningstar if open.

Just not worth the travel time to the nicest East End beaches of Sapphire and Smith Bay with such an early and short port time.

However - if your ship offers an excursion to Smith Bay that may be the one time than a cruise line excursion makes sense! 👍

Thank you blue_water for your response!  We are at WICO (Havensight) and actually honeymooned at Morningstar! 😀

• Like 1

A cabana is the best way to guarantee shade. As more people head to any VI beach, the shady spots fill up quickly. Also, if you're there for hours, the sun will eventually reach you so you have to move to shade again.

The cabanas are near the bar and not near a pool. They are great for groups instead of renting individual beach chairs. You can adjust the drapes for more shade (may be limited depending on people in cabana next to you) so that's another plus.

It has been so hot lately that it's important to limit exposure to the sun.