All Cruisers! Make sure you check your Onboard and Credit Card Statements!

We left Beyond on 4/22 and had 3 separate pending charges on our CC and had no idea what they were. Within a couple of days, they disappeared and the one charge that moved off of pending was what we expected. We took photos of our statement on the stateroom TV night before disembarkation along with a photo of the mini bar items (didn't use anything) just in case because of this thread so thank you. You've really got to cover your... nowadays. We had a similar worry at an accommodation on the way home that had a crazy extensive mini-bar situation that we didn't touch but were afraid we would get charged for!

2 minutes ago, RK-NC said:

We left Beyond on 4/22 and had 3 separate pending charges on our CC and had no idea what they were. Within a couple of days, they disappeared and the one charge that moved off of pending was what we expected. We took photos of our statement on the stateroom TV night before disembarkation along with a photo of the mini bar items (didn't use anything) just in case because of this thread so thank you. You've really got to cover your... nowadays. We had a similar worry at an accommodation on the way home that had a crazy extensive mini-bar situation that we didn't touch but were afraid we would get charged for!

I live in Las Vegas and the strip resort hotels (well actually most of the resort hotels) now have mini-fridge and desk top mini bar options that lead me to be afraid of being charged erroneously.  The problem is the items are geo tagged somehow that if you pick it up: YOU PAY.  You cannot touch something to check it out and decide.  As a grown adult I have no issue avoiding this but for those with children in a room or the copius numbers of drunk adults that vacation here I can see it being a huge revenue generator because someone picked something up and put it down.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BeasleysMom66 said:

desk top mini bar options that lead me to be afraid of being charged erroneously.  The problem is the items are geo tagged somehow that if you pick it up: YOU PAY. 

Yes, that is what we encountered - have never seen the desk top set up before. I am SHOCKED about the geo-tagging!! 🤯 Thanks for the head's up!

Just got off Beyond Saturday. Checked our credit card bill today after zero balance on the ship the last night. $99 charge and no explanation.

Another 45 minute call tomorrow to straighten out.

Fellow cruisers check your statements…

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, cheeseheads4ever said:

Checked our credit card bill today after zero balance on the ship the last night. $99 charge and no explanation.

Is it still pending? See my post #27 - we had 3 separate charges that we had no idea what they were but they just disappeared within 24-48 hours. Maybe wait it out to save the hassle of a phone call? We've had the same happen with other charges in the past (not from a cruise) good luck.

Edited by RK-NC

We checked our balance prior to getting off of our Constellation cruise in February and zero balance.  Received our “final invoice” while in the air on our way home with a $61.29 USD charge for mini bar which we didn’t use.  Called, and was informed they would request the refund and it would take 3-4 weeks but usually 2 weeks.  At 4 weeks, called back and they said it was approved and to wait a few more days.  Did so but had our TA get involved since a few days later still no refund.  Glad we had him escalate as Celebrity owned up to having not processed the approved refund.  Took a total of two calls from me, two calls from my TA and five weeks to get my funds back.

snow bunny

@cheeseheads4ever If our pending charges had not disappeared, I was just going to dispute them through our credit card. We did this once with a restaurant that double charged us and it was very easy online through our credit card account. It has become absolutely ridiculous to call "customer service" almost everywhere nowadays. 

On a previous Celebrity cruise, I noticed a $99 pending charge and went to guest relations to clarify and was told they post that to make sure your credit card on file is still valid and it is never actually charged which is what happened.  We are boarding the Ascent next week for 12 nights in Europe and will definitely monitor our charges daily.

On 4/3/2024 at 9:20 AM, cheeseheads4ever said:

Resolved!

Celebrity quickly within 2 days resolved the issue with a thorough email explaining and clearing this up.

The issue was what looked to be a charge with code OBR-cruise air/port tax free credit of $104. They did not say anywhere that this was a refund for port and taxes because we couldn’t dock in Bimini. The $72 refundable OBC. Both dollar fiquires were in a gray highlighted box which was entitled Payments with our credit card # next to it.
 Who would not have thought that these were not charges.

I am getting better at deciphering Celebritys codes but why do they have to be so confusing.

Wouldn’t looking at the bottom line on the bill and doing some simple math shown those as credits?  

If you’ve ever gotten a email after your cruise for misc items which are not specified on the email it is very confusing especially when the night before we checked our account and had a zero balance. Plus said we made payments in bold looked liked they charged ourcardI agree ideally it should just have date you bought charge and a rolling list of the balance you have at the end. Not so with Celebrity. Plus they have money that is pending on hold on your account.

Toss in their secret codes which have no explanation and everything is very murky.

Not just simply math.

Gosh, reading all your posts I am already concerned.  Please tell me if I have this covered. I feel like Celebrity against us in this fight to keep everything error-free and accounted for. 

1. have a cabin attendant remove all items from mini refrigerator and take a photo.

2.  Check charges daily and refute all errors while on board.

3. Before leaving your cabin for the final time, take a photo of your charges and mini refrigerator. 

4.  After returning home, keep close eye on any miscellaneous charges and pending charges from Celebrity. Wait several days for pending charges because they can disappear.

anything else?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rinshin said:

Gosh, reading all your posts I am already concerned.  Please tell me if I have this covered. I feel like Celebrity against us in this fight to keep everything error-free and accounted for. 

1. have a cabin attendant remove all items from mini refrigerator and take a photo.

3. Before leaving your cabin for the final time, take a photo of your charges and mini refrigerator. 

4.  After returning home, keep close eye on any miscellaneous charges and pending charges from Celebrity. Wait several days for pending charges because they can disappear.

anything else?  

Many cruises on Celebrity, zero billing issues, don’t overthink this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rinshin said:

anything else?  

Don't be concerned, over 25 cruises most with Royal and Celebrity and never had an issue with my onboard statement.

I check my charges on the app or TV a couple of times during the cruise.  And check my final statement.

As you charge items to your onboard account, your credit card on file will be billed random amounts to ensure the credit card is valid and charges won't be declined.

Within two days of being home the random charge amounts are gone from the credit card and and the proper amount of the onboard statement is charged.

Yes be diligent, not paranoid and enjoy your cruise!

4 hours ago, rinshin said:

anything else?

We asked the mini-bar to be emptied because we brought our own sodas. Didn't take photos.

We checked the charges on the app every day.

We took the screenshot of the final folio on the last morning.

I checked my credit card bill yesterday (the cruise ended 3 weeks ago), and the charges were correct.