Vancouver cruise terminal

Just now, Blackduck59 said:

I would take any residual version of "Arrive Can" with a grain of salt. The investigation into the money pit that is "Arrive Can" is ongoing and it is just another example of a poorly monitored program thrown together with good intentions but poor execution. I doubt it will save any time on arrival and suspect it will be a waste of any time you spend on it before arrival.

I will report back in less than three weeks.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

For those without Global Entry, NEXUS, etc., the ArriveCAN app can be a time saver at those Canadian airports that have an expedited line for ArriveCAN users. As a result, with the 140% increase in NEXUS fees later this year, some posters have indicated that they won't renew and will revert to using the ArriveCAN app.I imagine that frequency of travel will have an influence on whether or not to renew at the higher price.

While some Canadian airports offer an expedited line for ArriveCAN users, I've not heard anything with respect to Canadian cruise ports. 

Edited by Fouremco
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

I would take any residual version of "Arrive Can" with a grain of salt. The investigation into the money pit that is "Arrive Can" is ongoing and it is just another example of a poorly monitored program thrown together with good intentions but poor execution. I doubt it will save any time on arrival and suspect it will be a waste of any time you spend on it before arrival.

Totally agree.  On our return from Fort Lauderdale to Toronto last February, I completed the Arrive Can app as we had done many times before. We received an online receipt.  When coming up to the CBSA officer, they had nothing on their computer and would not accept my online receipt.  They sent me back to the terminals to basically reenter the same info we had entered on the app and get a copy of our passports.  Back to the same CBSA officer (without having to wait in line as she waived us through), she readily admitted completing the app online was a waste of time and forget about it next time.  The concept of the Arrive Can is simple enough and should work seamlessly but the controversy over its cost and implementation has made it a joke no one in Canada is laughing at.

• Like 1