MARDI GRAS elegant nites on Eastern Caribbean and dinner reservations

Can someone please tell me what nights are elegant nites for the Eastern Caribbean?

If you have anytime dining, which restaurants are free for dinner?

Does Mardi Gras have a dedicated guest services number to call if you are Platinum?

Thank you for your help.

Posted (edited)

Nights 2 and 6 are generally formal nights.

MDR is included every night. Chibang and Cucina are included with YTD for one visit, but we visited Chibang once and Cucina twice on Jubilee last week and were not charged extra for the 2nd visit. YMMV. You just request a table on the HUB app in the restaurant you want to dine in when YTD dinner time begins.

You can use the general number for guest services (usually extension 7777), but there is no dedicated # that I know of, or use the dedicated Diamond/Platinum line for guest services on deck 8 aft.

Edited by stobe1
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, stobe1 said:

MDR is included every night. Chibang and Cucina are included with YTD for one visit, but we visited Chibang once and Cucina twice on Jubilee last week and were not charged extra for the 2nd visit. YMMV. You just request a table on the HUB app in the restaurant you want to dine in when YTD dinner time begins.

You can use the general number for guest services (usually extension 7777), but there is no dedicated # that I know of, or use the dedicated Diamond/Platinum line for guest services on deck 8 aft.

i just wanted to jump in and ask this too. We are booked on a summer 2025 cruise on the MG that has 4 ports with days 2 and 5 being the sea days. Would the elegant nights still be on 2 and 6 (with day 6 being a port day) or would they move the 2nd elegant night to day 5?

9 minutes ago, 3smithboys said:

i just wanted to jump in and ask this too. We are booked on a summer 2025 cruise on the MG that has 4 ports with days 2 and 5 being the sea days. Would the elegant nights still be on 2 and 6 (with day 6 being a port day) or would they move the 2nd elegant night to day 5?

Day 6 isn't a hard and fast rule, it can move around but I have had elegant nights on port days before. So both are possible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

Day 6 isn't a hard and fast rule, it can move around but I have had elegant nights on port days before. So both are possible.

Thanks! Yes, we have had them on port days too. (Especially if it is an early port day.) It seems that each of our days end at 5 pm, so idk if that’s too late for an elegant night? We are trying to decide what night to schedule the steakhouse for my mom’s 80th birthday dinner and since there are 9 of us, I want to book it as soon as possible.

58 minutes ago, 3smithboys said:

Thanks! Yes, we have had them on port days too. (Especially if it is an early port day.) It seems that each of our days end at 5 pm, so idk if that’s too late for an elegant night? We are trying to decide what night to schedule the steakhouse for my mom’s 80th birthday dinner and since there are 9 of us, I want to book it as soon as possible.

The second night seems to always be elegant night no matter how long the cruise, so the third night is probably the safest in terms of it not being elegant night. That is assuming you do not want the steakhouse to be on elegant night.

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

The second night seems to always be elegant night no matter how long the cruise, so the third night is probably the safest in terms of it not being elegant night. That is assuming you do not want the steakhouse to be on elegant night.

Thanks! We were thinking days 3 or 4 would be safe… hopefully, we are right!

3 minutes ago, 3smithboys said:

Thanks! We were thinking days 3 or 4 would be safe… hopefully, we are right!

Once you get onboard you should be able to view MDR menus for the entire cruise in the Hub app. So if the steakhouse night you booked is a night you really want something from the MDR, just call the steakhouse and move the reservation. Even though you have a table for 9 you should be able to get another night.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2024 at 7:22 PM, stobe1 said:

MDR is included every night. Chibang and Cucina are included with YTD for one visit, but we visited Chibang once and Cucina twice on Jubilee last week and were not charged extra for the 2nd visit. 

You were not charged for the second Cucuina visit in Jubilee bc it is currently free for all visits. That is scheduled to change once the inaugural season is over (not sure when that is) to the same policy as on Mardi Gras and Celebration—first visit is complementary, second or more visits are charged. 

On 4/3/2024 at 7:22 PM, stobe1 said:

Are the included alternate restaurants only free with YTD?   We have late dinner, but if that is more restrictive with other choices I would want to change that I think.  

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, bled01 said:

Are the included alternate restaurants only free with YTD?   We have late dinner, but if that is more restrictive with other choices I would want to change that I think.  

You can go to the other restaurants after 7:45PM I think. If you've already eaten supper you will be charged to visit the other restaurants.

Carnival really is emphasizing YTD with the Excel class.

Edited by mz-s

10 hours ago, bled01 said:

They are free for anyone (at least the first time on MG and Celebration, right now for any number of visits on Jubilee), but if you have fixed dining, you cannot go till after 7:30 or 7:45 (like mz-s stated). If you have YTD, you can go anytime by making a reservation on the Hub App. 2nd visit is charged, unless you are on Jubilee during its inaugural season (again, unsure when that ends).

43 minutes ago, dctravel said:

They are free for anyone (at least the first time on MG and Celebration, right now for any number of visits on Jubilee), but if you have fixed dining, you cannot go till after 7:30 or 7:45 (like mz-s stated). If you have YTD, you can go anytime by making a reservation on the Hub App. 2nd visit is charged, unless you are on Jubilee during its inaugural season (again, unsure when that ends).

Can I change to YTD directly with Carnival or do I need to have my TA do it?   

17 minutes ago, bled01 said:

Can I change to YTD directly with Carnival or do I need to have my TA do it?   

Your TA will need to make this change.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mz-s said:

Your TA will need to make this change.

Assuming there is availability, you can wait until you are on the ship to ask to change, but no guarantees at that point.

Edited by dctravel

18 minutes ago, dctravel said:

Assuming their is availability, you can wait until you are on the ship to ask to change, but no guarantees at that point.

YTD will almost certainly be full by then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mz-s said:

YTD will almost certainly be full by then.

I emailed my TA and they changed it so we are all set.   Good thing I saw this thread.  

• Like 1