Port Valet Seattle Discontinued

22 minutes ago, aroundtheriverbend said:

If you don't mind my asking, does your luggage go straight to the airport after you put it out at night, or do you have to claim it at disembarkation before it moves to the airport?  Did you have to disembark at or by a certain time?  Many thanks!  I read their website but still wondering.

We did it a month ago on the bliss and can happily say you put your bag outside and they will check your bag for with the airlines. So you show up at the airport with no hassle and can enjoy the city of seattle without the worry of bags. It was an amazing program and wish other ports would do this

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, aroundtheriverbend said:

If you don't mind my asking, does your luggage go straight to the airport after you put it out at night, or do you have to claim it at disembarkation before it moves to the airport?  Did you have to disembark at or by a certain time?  Many thanks!  I read their website but still wondering.

If you qualify and sign up for the Program, you will be given very specific information.

Basically, you put your bag out the night before with special baggage tags.  Luggage is gathered taken directly to SeaTac and delivered to the air carriers.  You will see it when you reach your final airport destination.

Once you reach the airport, you go through Security and directly to your departure gate.

Enjoy the City of Seattle and your cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aroundtheriverbend said:

It goes straight to the airport and the next time I saw my suitcase (after I put it out the night before debarkation) was on the carousel at my home airport (and it was the first bag off the plane!)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aroundtheriverbend said:

Ok, interesting response via email from Port Valet.  When I asked about Norwegian overall, they didn't answer and asked me what ship I was sailing on.  When I said Encore, they said yes the service was available and I could sign up.  I then asked about Bliss (yes), Sun (no) and Jewel (no).  No indication as to why some but not others, but they did apologize for the inconvenience.  

Never sailed those ships or out of Seattle, anyone have a thought on why?

We sail on the Sun out of Seattle next week and already pre-booked Port Valet for our return.  I just checked again on their website and the Bliss, Encore, and Sun are listed as the ships available for the service. 

IMG_2162.jpeg

• Like 1

Did it last Sunday from the Encore. Signed up online pre cruise and when onboard asked if I could add a bag. Was told if I had signed up on ship yes but since I signed up online answer was no.

Got the special yellow tags day before debarkation and put my luggage out night before thinking the next time I saw my luggage would be at my home airport.

Had a direct flight and landed and waited for my luggage. No luggage on the belt for me and 3 other people. They had other issues and did not use Port Valet. 

Agent took my info and told me my luggage was not on the plane and opened up a case. Told me they would investigate and keep me updated with info. Went home with no luggage. 

At 12:40 am got a call from the gate agent telling me my luggage had arrived on a later flight and was there. That they would schedule a time for them to deliver my luggage to my home next day if possible but maybe not until day after.

Luggage was delivered next day late afternoon. I never found out if it was a ship delivery issue, an airport issue, or an Alaska Airline issue. Either way Alaska handled it in a timely manner and all ended well this time.

The gate agent did tell me they almost always have issues when Port Valet is involved🤷

• Like 2

Port Valet is up and running, use it last Sunday May 26, disembarking NCL Encore in Seattle. They left forms and instructions in the cabin on 3rd day of cruise. Filled out the paperwork and drop off at guest services. Received tags and airlines boarding passes a day before disembarking, attached tags to luggage as instructed, left luggage outside cabin around 8pm, next time I saw our luggage was at our home airport. 

Keep in mind that is only available to flights departing SEATAC after 11am. Luggage fee may apply as per airline, unless exempted (I use delta skymiles card so, luggage was free)

• Like 2

16 hours ago, aroundtheriverbend said:

Ok, interesting response via email from Port Valet.  When I asked about Norwegian overall, they didn't answer and asked me what ship I was sailing on.  When I said Encore, they said yes the service was available and I could sign up.  I then asked about Bliss (yes), Sun (no) and Jewel (no).  No indication as to why some but not others, but they did apologize for the inconvenience.  

Never sailed those ships or out of Seattle, anyone have a thought on why?

If you post this question on the West Coast departures board, you might get an answer. There are a few very knowledgeable port source posters on this board.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LatinaInTexas said:

Did it last Sunday from the Encore. Signed up online pre cruise and when onboard asked if I could add a bag. Was told if I had signed up on ship yes but since I signed up online answer was no.

Got the special yellow tags day before debarkation and put my luggage out night before thinking the next time I saw my luggage would be at my home airport.

Had a direct flight and landed and waited for my luggage. No luggage on the belt for me and 3 other people. They had other issues and did not use Port Valet. 

Agent took my info and told me my luggage was not on the plane and opened up a case. Told me they would investigate and keep me updated with info. Went home with no luggage. 

At 12:40 am got a call from the gate agent telling me my luggage had arrived on a later flight and was there. That they would schedule a time for them to deliver my luggage to my home next day if possible but maybe not until day after.

Luggage was delivered next day late afternoon. I never found out if it was a ship delivery issue, an airport issue, or an Alaska Airline issue. Either way Alaska handled it in a timely manner and all ended well this time.

The gate agent did tell me they almost always have issues when Port Valet is involved🤷

Yikes!  Thanks for the info.  

15 hours ago, destar said:

Port Valet is up and running, use it last Sunday May 26, disembarking NCL Encore in Seattle. They left forms and instructions in the cabin on 3rd day of cruise. Filled out the paperwork and drop off at guest services. Received tags and airlines boarding passes a day before disembarking, attached tags to luggage as instructed, left luggage outside cabin around 8pm, next time I saw our luggage was at our home airport. 

Keep in mind that is only available to flights departing SEATAC after 11am. Luggage fee may apply as per airline, unless exempted (I use delta skymiles card so, luggage was free)

Thanks for the info, did you have to "prove" luggage was prepaid somehow or was it part of the system info when you registered?

4 hours ago, aroundtheriverbend said:

Thanks for the info, did you have to "prove" luggage was prepaid somehow or was it part of the system info when you registered?

Yes, they can verify with your confirmation number. On paperwork there is a line that ask if any exemption or prepaid luggage. 

• Like 1

Just used it yesterday and worked great. Bags go out by 9pm Friday with PV luggage tags. They were shown as "accepted" in my Alaska Airlines app. I have airtags in my bags so I could see they were on the plane with us. Alaska Airlines also shows on the app when a bag is scanned into the aircraft, no matter how you choose to check your bag. I thought the service was great and allowed us to have an awesome luggage-free journey off the ship and all day in Seattle. 

• Like 3