Live! Radiance of the Seas - Panama Canal cruise - April 8, 2024

5 hours ago, 2funtime said:

Teeara,  I have enjoyed your postings and look forward to our Oct sailing through the Panama.   
What's your opinion of The Key on the Radiance since it's a smaller ship.   There are 3 of us and I'm trying to rationalize paying the price.  

For us it was worth the price.  We boarded and disembarked with the suites, so we were on and off the ship close to first.  The internet usage was huge for us.  We didn’t use it for shows.  We plan on using it again for our Allure WB TA next year.

I would say it’s definitely worth the price if it’s close to the daily price of the internet which it was for us.  I got it last year during Black Friday week.

10 minutes ago, Teeara said:

For us it was worth the price.

Thanks for your reply.  I was only going to do internet for one so with getting the key it would be 3X.  I only need internet to stay connect with things  back home while we are away.  If it would go back to the price of the internet,  I would do it for all 3 of us..... we will see how it plays out.  

4 hours ago, 2funtime said:

Thanks for your reply.  I was only going to do internet for one so with getting the key it would be 3X.  I only need internet to stay connect with things  back home while we are away.  If it would go back to the price of the internet,  I would do it for all 3 of us..... we will see how it plays out.  

Our main reason was for getting off the ship fast at the end of the cruise in order to make our flight home.  But again, everyone has their own reason and budget.  Good luck in your decision.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2travelcats said:

Perhaps I missed it but would you share what transportation you used from the port to the airport?  And thanks for the great review! 

Canada Line is at Waterfront Station a block East from the pier.   Buy a 2 Zone Fare ticket when not weekends or holidays.   Sr are concession tickets for a discount.  The train is 30 min underground to YVR and then walk across the street and you are at airline check in.  

7 hours ago, 2travelcats said:

Perhaps I missed it but would you share what transportation you used from the port to the airport?  And thanks for the great review! 

I used Lyft.

11 hours ago, CVU said:

Canada Line is at Waterfront Station a block East from the pier.   Buy a 2 Zone Fare ticket when not weekends or holidays.   Sr are concession tickets for a discount.  The train is 30 min underground to YVR and then walk across the street and you are at airline check in.  

Didn't this cruise end in LA?

22 hours ago, 2travelcats said:

Didn't this cruise end in LA?

Yes, it did and thankfully before the propulsion issue came to light.  We had no issues whatsoever with propulsion during our cruise.  Ship did a fantastic job between 17-23 knots nearly every sea day in order to make each port.  Not sure if that overdid it or what, but we had no issues whatsoever.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 4/24/2024 at 3:15 AM, FionaMG said:

Thanks very much @Teeara for bringing us along and for the heads-up about your youtube channel. 😊

If you remember, would you mind coming back here just to say when you put the first video up?

As requested, the first video is now up!

• Like 3