joy dining reservations

Hello everyone!  For those of you sailing on the Joy more recently, do you recall where you could make dining and show reservations on the ship after boarding,  The restaurant I wanted to book didn't have any available reservations and I want to try to get one as soon as I board. 

Not as important for the shows, but would be nice to know.  Thanks so much!

15 minutes ago, bjtravelnews said:

Hello everyone!  For those of you sailing on the Joy more recently, do you recall where you could make dining and show reservations on the ship after boarding,  The restaurant I wanted to book didn't have any available reservations and I want to try to get one as soon as I board. 

For shows, you can go to the Theatre Box office - Forward Starboard on Deck 7.

They will have a print out of all the scheduled entertainment for your cruise.

For dinner, They will have a table setup at Teppanyaki or next to guest services, both on Deck 6 no more than 25 yards from one another.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bjtravelnews said:

The main dining reservations on embarkation day is Teppanyaki. They will have multiple agents there making reservations. 

It is a lot easier to make your reservations online 120 days prior to departure. When your countdown clocks ticks to 120 days (12 midnight eastern time), reservations will open for general passengers. (130 days for Suites and Haven; 125 for club balcony rooms and top tier Latitudes).

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The main dining reservations on embarkation day is Teppanyaki. They will have multiple agents there making reservations. 

It is a lot easier to make your reservations online 120 days prior to departure. When your countdown clocks ticks to 120 days (12 midnight eastern time), reservations will open for general passengers. (130 days for Suites and Haven; 125 for club balcony rooms and top tier Latitudes).

Thanks.  I actually went online 120 days out to book at Ocean Blue.  There was some kind of glitch and I never got confirmation of the booking - the screen kept spinning,  I went back in a few hours later and there were no reservations available unless I wanted to eat very late at night,

50 minutes ago, bjtravelnews said:

Good to know the screens are functional again!

Thank you.

Sometimes they are and sometimes they aren’t 

4 hours ago, bjtravelnews said:

Thanks.  I actually went online 120 days out to book at Ocean Blue.  There was some kind of glitch and I never got confirmation of the booking - the screen kept spinning,  I went back in a few hours later and there were no reservations available unless I wanted to eat very late at night,

Have you tried calling or using the chat feature? Everyone seems to think the app and/or website are the only way to book but I find those other options just as good and sometimes even better.

• Like 1