LIVE from Oasis of the Seas Transatlantic (with bonus Disney World) April 2024

4 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

I’ll give you a short run down.  I LOVE Royal Caribbean.  She reigned as favorite cruise line for years, especially coming from behind as worst cruise i ever had.  But Virgin just knocked it out of the park.  I’ve been on NCL, Royal, Celebrity, Princess and Carnival.  Loved them all but yeah, Virgin just killed.

Interesting! We lose our Virgin virginess in August! 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, little britain said:

Interesting! We lose our Virgin virginess in August! 

Check out my live thread 😛 its in my signature.  I linked them all there because I saw @laurieal do it in hers.  What a wonderful idea!!!  Have I done that many.  And if you're like me, you'll start rereading our adventures in Greenland!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rogueperson said:

And if you're like me, you'll start rereading our adventures in Greenland!

Every time you tag me in a live thread you prompt me to re-read all past adventures! 😂

On 5/5/2024 at 7:06 AM, little britain said:

We did the RCI transfer to the airport via Montserrat to kill some time as our flight departure time had been moved to later. 
I’ve done this trip before to “kill time” before flights. 
We had to meet at the ungodly hour of 7:15 but the coach didn’t even leave to close to 8:30

An hours drive each way meant that we only had 90 minutes there and our visit didn’t even include the tickets to see the Black Madonna which is the whole point of going there!! At $125pp we were very disappointed!

Stayed 5 nights post-cruise in Monistrol de Montserrat.  Took the Aeri up the mountain on Tuesday, May 7.

image.thumb.jpeg.66fbe65baa895549781be06dbc0c0559.jpeg

0?ui=2&ik=5904fc756f&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-a:r-4159883650433326827&th=18f6efd7d6c43a17&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ-_u5zTUSqUpIGSzjEjBWaPdqIqaYb_wtD7ocaj3WiuRz3AXQ1ZsoBFCUGpiIswoMSopXOIt4Ze-A9QoFQK9zQfhtox7utzapbwazmObfRIydgCsveaRN_rrAo&disp=emb&realattid=18f6efd636c841b788e1

• Like 3

Thanks for the Live review.  I got home Friday from my post-cruise stay in the Montserrat area and finally finished the review a few minutes ago. 

It was nice to meet you in person upon arriving at the terminal and several other times during the cruise.

On 4/27/2024 at 2:10 AM, laurieal said:

I didn’t really vibe with the activities for today. The only thing I had added to my calendar was the show in the theatre: hypnotist Marc Savard. 

IMG_0579.thumb.jpeg.48130ffad1ab295b45ae8a2b0062e2f1.jpeg

I’m not into hypnotists. I’m also not into ventriloquists and I enjoyed that show a lot, so I decided to go see the hypnotist. 

IMG_0581.thumb.jpeg.df555fc6691d2a69ca7fc351c1afda94.jpeg

The theatre felt full and there many people who went up on stage to volunteer (more people than chairs, actually). The first part of the show was him doing some hypnotism stuff and picking the « best » volunteers. In the end, I think he ended up with a dozen people. 

IMG_0582.thumb.jpeg.312fd6fdb2c1b4e5ed4bbd71e1831858.jpeg

I liked some parts of the show. I thought it was pretty funny that he made someone dance or that someone was suddenly convinced that they were named something silly. 

But it made me uncomfortable that he made a lady be super repulsed by him. Even if it wasn’t real, her reaction felt real and her distress at his touch made me want to go up there and make him stop. 

I was also uncomfortable when one of the participants freaked out when he thought he was forced to confront what seemed to be a pretty serious fear or phobia. Again, the distress felt too real. 

I know one of the participants (if anyone saw the show, his name is E-I-E-I-O). Now I really want to run into him again to ask him how it felt when he was up there. I have many questions…

Hi Lauirial,

I'm just catching up with your blog from our trip.   E-I-E-I-O was no 'plant'.    He has been hypnotised on numerous occasions in the past, and he has always been picked to remain on the stage.    He doesn't remember what he did at the time he was on stage, but when he went to the rest room after the show, it did come 'flooding' back to him, and he laughed about his experience.    lol

• Like 1