LIVE from Oasis of the Seas Transatlantic (with bonus Disney World) April 2024

Following.

Thank you for taking us along.

Looking forward to reading about your adventures.

Very curious to see how you spend 9 days at sea.

The most we have done is 3 days at sea and it was interesting.

We love the Oasis class ships. Lots to see and do.

Pop Century hotel is one of our favorite hotels when in

Disney.  Just love that place.

Enjoy your stay.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

We were in Disney 2 or 3 years ago, and that Skyliner was always down and not running because of repair issues. Hope it runs as scheduled for you, otherwise it's back to the busses I assume.

I think they close it once per year for maintenance, so perhaps that was it? If not, that’s really too bad. I’ve had good luck during my last stay and never had to take the bus because it was down. So far so good on this trip 🤞 

• Like 2

It’s been a fantastic day, but I have not stopped since 2am and I am exhausted. I’ll keep things brief for tonight. 

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind was an absolute blast. They have a vehicle with a door that opens on the side, so transferring was ver easy. It was so fun, I laughed the whole time. 

IMG_9251.thumb.jpeg.9394e115e797d659c46a60bc3c6dc977.jpeg

It’s the Flower and Gardens festival right now and the parc is so beautiful. The topiaries are especially impressive and Groot is a definite favourite. 

IMG_9192.thumb.jpeg.2244b465b0e19c21716d86e9f2fc5502.jpeg

IMG_9250.thumb.jpeg.0b9bef4e788b43e1f1f7c2fb70fbc23e.jpeg

IMG_9156.thumb.jpeg.75e6406d48d8065675bcb9f3e2486cb7.jpeg

IMG_9158.thumb.jpeg.21b5504b0842020a4c5b4316b0803e20.jpeg

IMG_9165.thumb.jpeg.3e16565dd7572d3b77b6e5413ed2e801.jpeg

IMG_9202.thumb.jpeg.04397ab2d5e454f21a3f23fc1bb5ce9f.jpeg

• Like 14

We also tried some of the food from the Flower and Garden festival booths:

Seared Scallop with Tomato Risotto

IMG_9205.thumb.jpeg.f690cf673951b90d6b7eb20a7d993769.jpeg

Orange Sesame Tempura Shrimp

IMG_9236.thumb.jpeg.9cc1ec80f94b4df0303d556a82c87fe4.jpeg

Fried Cinnamon Roll Bites

IMG_9235.thumb.jpeg.79c7a2b2d8c2bb592f975fe21275d5cb.jpeg

Chicken and Waffles

IMG_9246.thumb.jpeg.a1d7d5136f013cf3a4423de56f503d16.jpeg

Frozen Desert Pear Lemonade

IMG_9245.thumb.jpeg.e622ad9a71b373b88f92b3f0b41cbaea.jpeg

Chocolate Maple Whisky Cake

IMG_9247.thumb.jpeg.b603965c3ced73716b6dddfcfae8a45c.jpeg

I’m particularly excited to be travelling with friends for the Disney part of my trip. It’s my first time going to Disney with people since I went with my family in 1997. While I love having people around to share the experience with, what I’m most excited about is sharing snacks and therefore being able to try more snacks.

Surely the person who came up with “divide and conquer” was thinking about Epcot’s World Showcase, right?

I’m off to bed! Tomorrow is Magic Kingdom day. See you there!

• Like 13

On 4/10/2024 at 4:02 PM, texmex.ferr said:

Hi Laurie

Good to see you're onboard, we'll be joining you again..    I can get DH to sit and stare at you, if you wish, he does it to other people!!!!   lol

We're just travelling our own this trip, although we know others from other TA's onboard like yourself.     Do remember Michael, Cory & Judy from our Jewel TA back in 2017, they're onboard too!!

See you onboard on 21 April

Margaret  (& Ian)

Margaret,

You’ve still got us!

Hi Laurie, it will be good to see you again.

Howard and Wendy

• Like 2

Glad you made it safely to WDW!  Flower and Garden is always beautiful there. Reminds me, we need to plan an Epcot run soon.
We have yet to ride Guardians. I’m glad to hear that you liked it. From what I’ve heard, I’m sure we will too. Hopefully soon. 

Enjoy your Disney time. Looks like great weather for your visit.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LATTELOVE said:

Very curious to see how you spend 9 days at sea.

The most we have done is 3 days at sea and it was interesting.

I've done 10 straight sea days (Azamara Journey, non-stop Lisbon to San Juan).  Very small ship.

I've also done 8 straight sea days (Quantum and Anthem, non-stop Southampton to Cape Liberty).

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Laurie. I know you like fantasy series. I never read Nora Roberts before, because I thought they were all gushy romance novels. But she has two really good ones. "The Awakening " trilogy and also "The Rise of the Magicks", also a trilogy. I thought they were really good. The most recent fabulous fantasy/sci fi that I have read recently is "Here and Now and Then" by Mike Chen 

I always enjoy your live reports. And I am looking forward to following along on your adventure. ☺️

I was too slow. It wouldn't let me edit. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

Thank you for this LIVE. I enjoy your posts, and maybe we will cross paths on the Oasis. I will be traveling solo, well I will have my Kindle and my crochet, and my coloring book 😄

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cruze Crazy said:

Margaret,

You’ve still got us!

Hi Laurie, it will be good to see you again.

Howard and Wendy

Hi Howard and Wendy! See you on board! 😊 

5 hours ago, Coralc said:

Laurie. I know you like fantasy series. I never read Nora Roberts before, because I thought they were all gushy romance novels. But she has two really good ones. "The Awakening " trilogy and also "The Rise of the Magicks", also a trilogy. I thought they were really good. The most recent fabulous fantasy/sci fi that I have read recently is "Here and Now and Then" by Mike Chen 

I always enjoy your live reports. And I am looking forward to following along on your adventure. ☺️

I was too slow. It wouldn't let me edit. 

Thank you for the recommendation and welcome aboard!

1 hour ago, kj_connections said:

Glad you got to ride GOTG ride at epcot.  I think it's the most technologically sophisticated coller coaster at Disney!

I missed most of what was happening around me story-wise because I couldn’t comprehend what was happening ride-wise. I have another Epcot day later and I’ll have to ride it again and pay more attention to the story. 

• Like 1

It’s another splendid day here at Disney World. The weather so far has been gorgeous: beautiful and sunny, but not too hot or humid. We are also very lucky with the crowds that are very manageable. 

I’m taking a nice slushy break while my friends are riding Pirates of the Caribbean. It’s very tart and refreshing, kind of like drinking a Sweet Tart, actually. Cheers!

IMG_9316.thumb.jpeg.a3a6aabbd139c74e7953abb038379992.jpeg

I started my day by visiting Mickey Mouse, because I’ve been told it’s rude to visit someone’s home and not say hello. He was planning on doing all sorts of magic tricks during the day. 

IMG_9263.thumb.jpeg.5f43784483d717b760307ba7a2e2bb42.jpeg

Then, I met up with my friends for breakfast at Gaston’s Taverne. We shared the famous cinnamon roll, a cupcake with Grey Stuff on it and a Lefou’s Brew. 

IMG_9298.thumb.jpeg.0d7416fec722f8b7e4c741d99a3c6413.jpeg

IMG_9299.thumb.jpeg.63665949ec5b03021c4e9dd5f3c22ae5.jpeg

IMG_9301.thumb.jpeg.f00ba8fffea19dc1571f7ce990d36bc6.jpeg

We then went Under the Sea with Ariel, which is always a delight, and then I rode Seven Dwarfs with one of my friends. There may or may not have been some screaming involved. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, laurieal said:

It’s another splendid day here at Disney World. The weather so far has been gorgeous: beautiful and sunny, but not too hot or humid. 

Package up some of that good weather, in case we need to release in on the TA.  🙂

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

I've done 10 straight sea days (Azamara Journey, non-stop Lisbon to San Juan).  Very small ship.

I've also done 8 straight sea days (Quantum and Anthem, non-stop Southampton to Cape Liberty).

WOW!!

That's awesome.  We have not done cruising like

that yet.  

Thank you for sharing the photos of Disney.

The food and drinks look amazing!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Package up some of that good weather, in case we need to release in on the TA.  🙂

I’ll try to! It’s lovely when we get to use the outdoor sections of the ship and it’s also good for spreading the crowds. 

Once my friends came out from Pirates of the Caribbean, we tried the spring rolls from Adventureland. They were a hit with all of us. 

IMG_9318.thumb.jpeg.e8e523e6470d324cd9dcd11e4358f7ab.jpeg

IMG_9319.thumb.jpeg.ccc8668ffd183614f18dea44449e2513.jpeg

Then, because we were in need of dessert and AC, we got a coconut Dole Whip float with a passion fruit, orange and guava juice float. We took our treat to the Enchanted Tiki Room where a good time was had by all. 

IMG_9323.thumb.jpeg.f8787e1ba34088f00a148a4afe8f9558.jpeg

IMG_9327.thumb.jpeg.6426a9b9d49c9624fe5a7767eb2b1b61.jpeg

IMG_9328.thumb.jpeg.5a59d9e3288a250c9ff2a961939f1172.jpeg

• Like 9

I don’t have many pictures from the rest of the day and most of them have my friends in them. 

But the most important thing is we had a really fun time. We rode Haunted Mansion, which is one of my favourites, saw the parade and then went on Jungle Cruise. I rode Big Thunder Mountain by myself, because my friends aren’t really into thrill rides, and I got to ride it twice in a row because the cast member felt like making things a little bit more magical. It was so much fun, even if I left feeling a bit shaky. 

IMG_9338.thumb.jpeg.b084ff66dea2907b24280f2ca8a3ee2d.jpeg

We took the train, which had been closed during my last two visits. We rode it to Fantasyland where we did Enchanted Tales with Belle (very cute) and then tried to pull Excalibur from the stone. Needless to say none of us is now the king. 

IMG_9342.thumb.jpeg.3e03fcff6920a8debb88d0c0e07b3428.jpeg

IMG_9356.thumb.jpeg.421684600e26825e319bee1f1bc05039.jpeg

IMG_9354.thumb.jpeg.883b3b7e15f1b7496f47452dc9c40716.jpeg

After that, we separated again while my friends had some food and I rode Tron. It was way too short, but loads of fun. I love coasters with wild accelerations. I then had a watermelon refresher with yuzu citrus, ginger and popping candies. It was indeed refreshing and very delicious. 

IMG_9383.thumb.jpeg.b451f7613e961c260167e974922f0caa.jpeg

IMG_9384.thumb.jpeg.832957dde52b95462563fe835f88c404.jpeg

Since we were all exhausted, we decided to leave early(ish) to rest for our Hollywood Studios day tomorrow. By then, it had been a while since I had eaten and I grabbed some garlic shrimp with mashed potatoes and green beans from the hotel’s food court. 

IMG_9388.thumb.jpeg.d717bc2f91338edb49d3a496a531d698.jpeg

Yes, that is a vegetable. In Disney. No, it’s not fried. Yes, I ate it willingly 😂 

It was surprisingly delicious. The mashed potatoes were the highlight of the meal for

sure. 

I’m off to bed, now. Tomorrow I go to space! 🚀 

• Like 17

The skyliner also closes when there are lightening strikes within I think five miles of it.  It could be clear in the Skyliner area but somewhere close lightening could be happening.  That is Florida especially during the summer.

I have had times when it was raining in the backyard but perfectly sunny in the front yard.

Enjoying your report.

• Like 1

I am a fellow Canadian that will be joining you onboard the TA! I am looking forward to reading your live and meeting you onboard!  I love your writing style so far.

I live in New Brunswick and I am travelling with my husband and my sister,  Hubby and I are also staying onboard for the May 5th sailing. We are flying down to Fort Lauderdale on Saturday on AirTransat out of Halifax and flying home on the 12th from Barcelona on Westjet. Flight travel to Atlantic Canada is so bizarre -  we have to fly from Barcelona to Calgary before we fly back to the East Coast 🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, LATTELOVE said:

Happy sail away day!!

Enjoy your embarkation day!

Embarkation day isn’t until April 21st. I’m not entirely sure what day or date it is, but I still have a few days left at Disney before I get on the ship 😊 

• Like 3