LIVE from Oasis of the Seas Transatlantic (with bonus Disney World) April 2024

3 hours ago, laurieal said:

The first tip I can give regarding Brightline is to sign up to get their offers. Most of the offers I got were their usual "buy four get 25% off", but eventually I received a code for a 39$ Smart Fare or 109$ Premium on select trips, which I used. Recently I also received a 50% off offer for groups of 2+

I took the Brightline from Orlando to FLL this past March and it was awesome!  I can't wait until they extend their services directly to Port Canaveral and to Tampa, though that will be a ways down the road.  Have a wonderful cruise!

• Like 1

traveling along with the rest of you.my wife and i and another couple will be boarding oasis in may. so im hoping to hear any tips from a pro on the ship activities....i havent seen any of your reviews befor but am rivited now,let the fun begin

• Like 1

On 4/10/2024 at 11:57 AM, laurieal said:

To summarize, I will leave Quebec City on April 12th on a direct flight to Orlando. From April 12th to the 20th, I will be staying at Disney’s Pop Century Resort. Then, on April 20th, I will take the Brightline train from Orlando to Miami where I will be staying for one night. Finally, on April 21st, I will board the Oasis of the Seas for the transatlantic.

Welcome!  I am originally from Montreal, never been to Quebec City but thinking of going mid -May.  After I return from this TA cruise 🙂

I was at Disney World in Sep 2022 and I would highly recommend Guardians of the Galaxy at Epcot.  I'm sure you know which rides require virtual queue, Genie+, etc. Tron was not open yet. Remy is also a must.  Star Wars at Hollywood Studios is also amazing.

Just curious, what airline are you flying from BCN to Canada? I've found that Air Transat has cheap flights from Portugal to Canada usually.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

I can't wait until they extend their services directly to Port Canaveral and to Tampa, though that will be a ways down the road. 

Unlikely they will add anything (line to the port) but the proposed station in Cocoa on the existing line.

3 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

I took the Brightline from Orlando to FLL this past March and it was awesome!  I can't wait until they extend their services directly to Port Canaveral and to Tampa, though that will be a ways down the road.  Have a wonderful cruise!

Good to know! I like trains, so I’m glad I get to try it. 

3 hours ago, JD2001 said:

traveling along with the rest of you.my wife and i and another couple will be boarding oasis in may. so im hoping to hear any tips from a pro on the ship activities....i havent seen any of your reviews befor but am rivited now,let the fun begin

Thanks for coming along! I will be posting the cruise compass so you should get an idea of the type of activities offered. If you have any questions or things you’d like me to take a look at on the ship just let me know!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kj_connections said:

Welcome!  I am originally from Montreal, never been to Quebec City but thinking of going mid -May.  After I return from this TA cruise 🙂

I was at Disney World in Sep 2022 and I would highly recommend Guardians of the Galaxy at Epcot.  I'm sure you know which rides require virtual queue, Genie+, etc. Tron was not open yet. Remy is also a must.  Star Wars at Hollywood Studios is also amazing.

Just curious, what airline are you flying from BCN to Canada? I've found that Air Transat has cheap flights from Portugal to Canada usually.

Mid-May is usually a nice time to visit. By then we are usually rid of all the snow 😉 

Since I will be mid-flight tomorrow at 7am, I have tasked one of my friends with buying me a Guardians ILL (I’m not sure I’ll be in the park at 1pm for the Virtual Queue). I’m so excited to finally try it!

I am flying Air Transat from Barcelona to Montreal (Quebec City wasn’t an option). They’re usually the cheapest option when I’m flying to/from Europe. 

I was so excited to see that you were doing another "live from" because your reviews are so much fun to read!  Then I realized that we are going on the same TA!  Looking forward to meeting you on the ship.  Have fun and safe travels.

Joan

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, splashsmom said:

I was so excited to see that you were doing another "live from" because your reviews are so much fun to read!  Then I realized that we are going on the same TA!  Looking forward to meeting you on the ship.  Have fun and safe travels.

Joan

How fun! If you have internet access and want to chime in on this thread, please do!

You will probably find me on Deck 16 with a Lime and Coconut in hand. 

Safe travels to you too! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Missusdubbya said:

Bon voyage! Thanks for taking us with you

22 minutes ago, ReRe71 said:

Looking forward to your live! Oasis is my favorite ship (sailing on her this coming September and December). 

Welcome aboard! Thank you for joining me!

23 hours ago, laurieal said:

I have drunk some of RCI’s Château de Tuesday sparkling wine in your stateroom with you and Ian, so I think we can skip the sitting awkwardly in complete silence part 😂 

I’m excited to see you and Ian again! Can I still find you at the pub or with a Kir Royal in hand at the Schooner Bar?

I do remember Michael and Cory and Judy! They were part of the LCR group, right?

HAHA!!    You will probably be able to find us at one of the bars onboard.  The pub is our favourite on most of the Oasis class ships.     Michael, Cory & Judy were part of our LCR group.   I've just been reading earlier that someone on social media is trying to set up games of LCR for the sea days, so we may pop along and join them!!!

I hope you won the radio competition, have a safe flight to Florida, and we'll see you onboard Oasis next Sunday.

Margaret

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MLAW said:

So did you win the tickets???  That would be a very fun win!

Sadly, no. 

But we got so hyped about the contest and the trip that now we’re thinking that if more shows are announced we’ll just make it happen on our own. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, little britain said:

Yes we are flying into MCO - DH is hoping to see a 🚀 launch. 

For not many sea days check out Brilliance TA next April. Great itinerary! 

I think this itinerary might be better.  July 2025 on Majestic Princess

Not as bad, not so many sea days strung together as most standard TransAtlantic Sailings. Port times are excellent also, no rushed (short port  times).

16478_230620093830550.jpg

Friday, July 18Southampton, England 4:00pm

Saturday, July 19At Sea

Sunday,July 20Glasgow, Scotland7:00am6:00pm

Monday, July 21At Sea

Tuesday, July 22At Sea

Wednesday, July 23Akureyri, Iceland8:00am6:00pm

Thursday, July 24Isafjordur, Iceland8:00am6:00pm

Friday, July 25 Reykjavik, Iceland7:00am6:00pm

Saturday, July 26At Sea

Sunday,July 27At Sea

Monday, July 28At Sea

Tuesday, July 29 St.Johns NL Canada10:00am8:00pm

Wednesday, July 30At Sea

Thursday, July 31Halifax NS Canada8:00am6:00pm

Friday, August 1At Sea

Saturday, August 2Boston, MA7:00am

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

Good morning! It’s 2:40am here and I am up early, all packed, and waiting for my taxi to the airport because it’s finally travel day!

I consider myself an optimist, but taxis are my exception. Part of me is always convinced that they are going to see the wheelchair and sprint off. I tend to have a Plan B and when possible a Plan C. 

Oh wow taxi is here right on time! I’m off, see you at the airport! 

• Like 5

On 4/10/2024 at 11:55 AM, laurieal said:

Hello, everyone! You are cordially invited to join me on my quest to bring the Oasis of the Seas across the Atlantic for her season in Europe followed by a short dry dock.

DSC_0281(1).thumb.jpg.7c06807d80cdac6ea84d057ab580ee0e.jpg

Yes, that is indeed the Allure of the Seas. Glad you asked. Since I haven’t been on the Oasis yet and haven’t shared a dock with her in the past, I don’t have any pictures of her except this one in which she’s hiding behind her younger sister Allure. As someone who has used her younger sibling as a social shield in the past, I get it. 

For those who have not followed my adventure before, hi. I’m Laurie. I’m from beautiful Quebec City in Canada and I used to say I was flirting with 40 but at this point it’s just harassment. Despite getting dangerously close to being middled aged, I still consider myself a kid with an adult bank account. A dangerous combo and one of the reasons I keep ending up on cruise ships. Shh, it’s fine. It’s working.

IMG_8705.thumb.jpeg.abaab85cd9f2812e062be120435325be.jpeg

As you will soon find out if you keep on reading this thread, I am fully paralyzed from the waist down and I use a wheelchair full-time to get around. I like to address the wheelchair accessibility aspect of my travels, because maybe one day it will be useful to someone with mobility issues who doesn’t mind run-on sentences too much. I’m sure those people exist. If that’s not you, fear not! I will address everything else the Oasis has to offer, too.

I am also an annoyingly glass-half-full kind of person and I like to think I don’t take myself or life too seriously, but really I just use humour as a coping mechanism (shhh, it’s fine, it’s working). Some of my interests are snacks, raspberries, cheese, doughnuts… 

(why are all of those about food? Some of those definitely shouldn’t be about food)

…coffee, wine, colourful cocktails…

(now how about some interests you don’t put in your mouth)

…reading, video games, travelling, my cat, and my robot vacuum.

(nailed it)

That’s me! If you see me on the ship, come say hello and hang out. We can awkwardly stare at each other in complete silence. It will be great!

See you onboard!

• Like 2

We’ve made it to Disney’s Pop Century!

IMG_9124.thumb.jpeg.1fd1667adfc49e6835e42536f565ca41.jpeg

The flight was good, we even got there a bit earlier than planned. We ordered a Lyft XL to our hotel and the driver was super helpful and nice. 

We were hoping for joining rooms, but we got side by side which is completely fine. We are in our preferred section, the 50s. 

The room actually sleeps four people. The table turns into a bed. 

IMG_9130.thumb.jpeg.60857c88ba3091c4dcdf7f3cead83956.jpeg

IMG_9131.thumb.jpeg.a2fbf8e349c622f83951661ede939101.jpeg

IMG_9132.thumb.jpeg.82dc11a4cec517bde4a26dbea9066c3a.jpeg

IMG_9134.thumb.jpeg.c1a8a485b6a07c4dfeff3ec7b21df586.jpeg

IMG_9135.thumb.jpeg.9603505ee302b144d3240274cb3d971c.jpeg

IMG_9136.thumb.jpeg.bccb1931a585eaa0efa1e7d21f60ed34.jpeg

I’m currently unpacking because I know what will happen if I put future Laurie in charge of that. Then, I’m going to Epcot to become a Guardian of the Galaxy. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

One of the main reasons we booked the Pop Century is the Skyliner, the fun gondola system that will take us to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. 

The gondolas can easily fit a wheelchair or an ECV and if you’re not scared of heights it’s a relaxing, pleasant ride. 

The station shared by the Pop Century and Art of Imagination resorts.IMG_9155.thumb.jpeg.4d5dba70e5303b1cf25e299eb6ef1895.jpeg

IMG_9142.thumb.jpeg.5f086f912a530ff0a54b0d3085b8b648.jpeg

IMG_9146.thumb.jpeg.56f5086e0e979d0eba6cab832a9a42c2.jpeg

The station at the Caribbean Beach resort where we change line to go to Epcot or Hollywood Studios.

IMG_9149.thumb.jpeg.ebf19678381d825b08207485bba6a426.jpeg

It’s really to roll onto a gondola as it’s level with the ground. 

IMG_9152.thumb.jpeg.34115f798b299c308e52a6024b43bb1d.jpeg

During the flight. 

IMG_9153.thumb.jpeg.5176e97012f2278b54a3748bae18e88d.jpeg

The station at Epcot. 

IMG_9155.thumb.jpeg.4d5dba70e5303b1cf25e299eb6ef1895.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, laurieal said:

One of the main reasons we booked the Pop Century is the Skyliner, the fun gondola system that will take us to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. 

The gondolas can easily fit a wheelchair or an ECV and if you’re not scared of heights it’s a relaxing, pleasant ride. 

The station shared by the Pop Century and Art of Imagination resorts.IMG_9155.thumb.jpeg.4d5dba70e5303b1cf25e299eb6ef1895.jpeg

IMG_9142.thumb.jpeg.5f086f912a530ff0a54b0d3085b8b648.jpeg

IMG_9146.thumb.jpeg.56f5086e0e979d0eba6cab832a9a42c2.jpeg

The station at the Caribbean Beach resort where we change line to go to Epcot or Hollywood Studios.

IMG_9149.thumb.jpeg.ebf19678381d825b08207485bba6a426.jpeg

It’s really to roll onto a gondola as it’s level with the ground. 

IMG_9152.thumb.jpeg.34115f798b299c308e52a6024b43bb1d.jpeg

During the flight. 

IMG_9153.thumb.jpeg.5176e97012f2278b54a3748bae18e88d.jpeg

The station at Epcot. 

IMG_9155.thumb.jpeg.4d5dba70e5303b1cf25e299eb6ef1895.jpeg

We were in Disney 2 or 3 years ago, and that Skyliner was always down and not running because of repair issues. Hope it runs as scheduled for you, otherwise it's back to the busses I assume.

• Like 1