Trundle beds without Turndown service - how does it work?

I'm in the process of booking a balcony cabin on an Oasis class ship.  We are a family of 4 (kids 13 and 9) and really liked having a Pullman for our oldest on past cruises.  My understanding is that the Oasis class ships do not offer Pullman unless one books a suite. My understanding is also that turndown services was eliminated for cabins at Balcony level and below.  Assuming this is the situation, how does the Stateroom attendant handle the Trundle?  ie. does he leave it out all the time (how would we get around the cabin?) or does he put it away (is it up to the passenger to pull it out every night?).  I'm fine with pulling the trundle bed out if needed....just curious how it all works.  Thank you!

4 hours ago, trevorcruise said:

Assuming this is the situation, how does the Stateroom attendant handle the Trundle?  ie. does he leave it out all the time (how would we get around the cabin?) or does he put it away (is it up to the passenger to pull it out every night?).  I'm fine with pulling the trundle bed out if needed....just curious how it all works.

That seems to vary by ship and cabin attendant. You'll want to negotiate with them on this.

When we were on Harmony last year, we selected our daily stateroom visit to be in the evenings for turn down service. 

Our attendant then showed us how to push in the trundle so it was out of the way during the day. (You have to kind of lift up and then push in) 

It wasn't a big deal to put the sofa together in the morning so we could walk around. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, bambam2972 said:

When we were on Harmony last year, we selected our daily stateroom visit to be in the evenings for turn down service. 

Our attendant then showed us how to push in the trundle so it was out of the way during the day. (You have to kind of lift up and then push in) 

It wasn't a big deal to put the sofa together in the morning so we could walk around. 

Thank you so much....so helpful.  We are actually looking at Harmony in August. 🙂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, trevorcruise said:

Not sure what you mean there Billy.  Can you elaborate?

Sorry. I was flippantly responding to your subject of how does it work. In my opinion it doesn’t. We were on Explorer last year and needed to use the sofa bed in our stateroom. The attendant and their supervisor were adamant that it was one visit to the cabin per day only. No exceptions. I put it away one day and nearly lost fingers in the process. But from an overall perspective, people go on vacation to get away from making beds. With RC, they increased the gratuity and decreased the service. 

2 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

Sorry. I was flippantly responding to your subject of how does it work. In my opinion it doesn’t. We were on Explorer last year and needed to use the sofa bed in our stateroom. The attendant and their supervisor were adamant that it was one visit to the cabin per day only. No exceptions. I put it away one day and nearly lost fingers in the process. But from an overall perspective, people go on vacation to get away from making beds. With RC, they increased the gratuity and decreased the service. 

i paid $20/day/pp for 4 of us on norwegian and felt the service was subpar.  disney is good but twice the money.  decisions decisions...thanks for the feedback.

7 hours ago, trevorcruise said:

I'm in the process of booking a balcony cabin on an Oasis class ship.  We are a family of 4 (kids 13 and 9) and really liked having a Pullman for our oldest on past cruises.  My understanding is that the Oasis class ships do not offer Pullman unless one books a suite. My understanding is also that turndown services was eliminated for cabins at Balcony level and below.  Assuming this is the situation, how does the Stateroom attendant handle the Trundle?  ie. does he leave it out all the time (how would we get around the cabin?) or does he put it away (is it up to the passenger to pull it out every night?).  I'm fine with pulling the trundle bed out if needed....just curious how it all works.  Thank you!

Which Oasis class ship?  Because if I recall, when we were on Oasis, it was a pull out sofa bed, not a trundle.  So you had to share the sofa bed.  You might want to check on that for the ship you're choosing.  

3 minutes ago, trevorcruise said:

i paid $20/day/pp for 4 of us on norwegian and felt the service was subpar.  disney is good but twice the money.  decisions decisions...thanks for the feedback.

Probably overly simplistic but move to a suite or a regular room which has bunk beds for the kids, that don’t take up floor space.