New Infinity Sunset Suites

sasset

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

I was specifically wondering about Constellation and Infinity after this years dry dock and re-naming the Ultra Deluxe nee FV as Sunset Suites.

Edited by sasset
clarification

6 minutes ago, sasset said:

Has this been since the re-christening as Sunset Suites?

Can't be because the Millennium UV cabins (formerly known as FV) have not been converted into suites.

• 1 month later...

Welcome home. How was the bathroom? Still a shower curtain and single vanity? If you have sailed in one, before the conversion from ultra deluxe/family veranda to a suite, can you go through any changes?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I’d be interested in knowing since details as well. Can you tell us what the cabin numbers were?

Edited by mahdnc

Posted (edited)

The bathroom was tiny, by far the smallest I’ve been in on a ship (although I’ve only been in suites. It appeared to have been modernised but there was only one sink, limited storage and a tiny shower with a folding door (which was a definite squeeze!). 
The suite itself was lovely with plenty of space. We chose suites at either end so we had larger balconies (photo below). As usual, the beds were really comfortable and we had no issues.

IMG_5534.jpeg

IMG_5532.jpeg

Edited by uk-cruisemom
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, uk-cruisemom said:

The bathroom was tiny, by far the smallest I’ve been in on a ship (although I’ve only been in suites. It appeared to have been modernised but there was only one sink, limited storage and a tiny shower with a folding door (which was a definite squeeze!). 
The suite itself was lovely with plenty of space. We chose suites at either end so we had larger balconies (photo below). As usual, the beds were really comfortable and we had no issues.

The bathrooms in these suites appear to be the same bathrooms that you was in the FV before the conversion (a non-suite bathroom)--perhaps with better finishing but the size and layout of the original bathroom remains the same.  We are finding this to be true for the conversion of FV to Horizon Suites on S class ships.

However you can't complain about the balcony--especially for the ones on the corner of each deck....

Edited by mahdnc

1 minute ago, mahdnc said:

The bathrooms in these suites appear to be the same bathrooms that you was in the FV before the conversion (a non-suite bathroom)--perhaps with better finishing but the size and layout of the original bathroom remains the same.  We are finding this to be true for the conversion of FV to Horizon Suites on S class ships.

However you can't complain about the balcony--especially for the ones on the corner of each deck....

Yes I agree, I felt the bathroom was disproportionately small but I’d rather have the room on the balcony. However, those end suites have a hallway/corridor which feels like wasted space 

IMG_5907.jpeg

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, uk-cruisemom said:

Yes I agree, I felt the bathroom was disproportionately small but I’d rather have the room on the balcony. However, those end suites have a hallway/corridor which feels like wasted space 

IMG_5907.jpeg

Certainly does feel like wasted space.  We've been in those corner cabins on all 4 M class ships for a total of 6 times.  We kind of got used to the private hallway and liked the extra privacy it gives you.  When I booked these cabins for our family of 4, occasionally we would store a suitcase or two out there.  Nice to have it out of the way.  We would usually bring a doorstop to hold the inner door open.

The long private hallway also keeps the public hallway noise down to a minimum.  However some of these cabins don't have doorbells so you can't hear the stateroom attendant (or room service) knock.  Fortunately there is a telephone on the public hallway wall close by.

Happy Birthday, by the way.

Edited by mahdnc

Hard to believe that even before these cabins were FV's they were actually the same category as other balconies (and also before they had so many categories of balconies!) - we stayed in them several times way back then.  Then Celebrity got wise and converted them to FV's to charge more, and then got even wiser (or more money grabbing) and converted them to suites.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

Certainly does feel like wasted space.  We've been in those corner cabins on all 4 M class ships for a total of 6 times.  We kind of got used to the private hallway and liked the extra privacy it gives you.  When I booked these cabins for our family of 4, occasionally we would store a suitcase or two out there.  Nice to have it out of the way.  We would usually bring a doorstop to hold the inner door open.

The long private hallway also keeps the public hallway noise down to a minimum.  However some of these cabins don't have doorbells so you can't hear the stateroom attendant (or room service) knock.  Fortunately there is a telephone on the public hallway wall close by.

Happy Birthday, by the way.

Thank you! It was my daughters - the butler was really good and decorated the cabin, brought a cake etc. 

luckily we could hear the doorbell but as you say a great buffer for noise 

• Like 1