Luggage Forward?

Hi Everyone - we're getting ready for our North Cape and Midnight Sun cruise departing Copenhagen on May 18. Does anyone have experience with sending bags ahead using Luggage Forward? 

Our last cruise was to Antarctica this past November (on Ponant) and my bags didn't make it. 😢 We usually try to travel with carry-on only, but that's impractical for Antarctica. Since I was so limited in my outfits on the last cruise, I'm looking forward to dressing up a bit on this cruise and want to bring more variety. I'm thinking sending ahead one large suitcase (with clothing and toiletries for both of us) and bringing two carry-on roller bags might be the way to go. It's $459 to ship from Eagle, ID to Copenhagen, which is a bit of sticker shock, but it would be worth every penny to avoid what happened on our last cruise. Thoughts????

We have used Luggage Forward several times, most recently before and after the Grand Australia/NZ.  Bags were picked up at our home in mid December '23 and delivered to our home last week after the cruise.  Absolutely no problems, I would (and will) use the service again in a heartbeat!

They do have some restrictions such as no alcohol, no food, no medications OTC or prescribed, no lithium batteries...

• Thanks 1

Agree with the above. I had a minor issue with pick up at my home, but that I think was the result of my being in a very rural area and it was picked up and delivered to the ship. Its return home was swift and flawless. Just look carefully at the restricted list. At my age I need the service and will use them in the future.

Susan

• Thanks 1

We used luggage forwarding to Seattle last year and it was great. They picked it up on time and dropped it off at the agreed time.

We thought we would use them again for a cruise out of Iceland and was shocked by the price. The price was more than flying first class, which we ended up doing.

Luggage Forward is absolutely fantastic (I've used them well over a dozen times) but it is extremely expensive internationally as they also have to also get involved in the customs process.

Roy