Key Card Availability on Embarkation

13 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

I have looked over the employee's shoulder several times...the picture doesn't show up at the bar or shop. It does at the gangway...perhaps at other other locations. But definitely not at bars or the stores.

Definitely shows up in bars.  Used DW's card last night for an extra drink and there she was on the POS screen glaring at me! 😇

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Definitely shows up in bars.  Used DW's card last night for an extra drink and there she was on the POS screen glaring at me! 😇

What ship? Might be different machines. Definitely not on Zaandam earlier this month.

3 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

What ship? Might be different machines. Definitely not on Zaandam earlier this month.

Nieuw Statendam

She says she will check the machines in shops if she can find a sponsor 🫣

Can i write you in for a $50 towards important research? 🤣

• Haha 6

I've wondered about the security of placing the key cards outside the door, but based on the limited descriptions of mishaps on this thread, I'd say it generally hasn't been an issue and if it happens, you have yet another travel story to tell people.

On 4/20/2024 at 10:46 AM, bajae said:

I have zero experience with the “key in the mailbox” process but is there any “activation” that happens in the checkin process? So if someone does go to the wrong cabin, and they try to open the door, the card wouldn’t work since the real occupants haven’t checked in? I know this wouldn’t stop it if the real occupants have checked in but haven’t made it to the cabin yet. But in that case, hopefully the error is quickly discovered and corrected. 

We had a mixup 6 months ago and were able to access both cabins with the keys.  The other person was a last minute cancellation, so they obviously did not checkin.

• Thanks 1