Insurance required

Maritine

To build on Pushpit's point, yes the UK has higher insurance requirements. For example, booking Bristol-Venice, had to tick twice or three times that yes I had insurance already, no I didn't need to buy additional. Same airline booking my one way Barcelona-Bristol flight, no questions at all! 

1 hour ago, rhiannon84 said:

To build on Pushpit's point, yes the UK has higher insurance requirements. For example, booking Bristol-Venice, had to tick twice or three times that yes I had insurance already, no I didn't need to buy additional. Same airline booking my one way Barcelona-Bristol flight, no questions at all! 

Never had to tick any boxes about insurance booking BA to and from London airports. I suspect your airline was trying to upsell to you. Very sneaky. You don’t need travel insurance to fly. 

I get the impression the OP has established that their current insurance supplier is probably suitable. But to go back to an earlier point I made about European insurers not offering high medical cover guarantees; when I last looked for cover in 2019 the maximum I saw was €150,000. I note that AXA are now offering up to €1,000,000 and Allianz €300,000.

They seem to be the main travel insurance providers in Europe amongst the household names.

37 minutes ago, david63 said:

LV give emergency medical expenses and repatriation up to £10 million

I believe that's for UK residents. Many UK companies will provide similar.

This thread has been about Europeans (Swedish in this case) that have booked through the UK.

It's unusual to find that level of guarantee in European policies.