P&O excursions from Rotterdam

Do any of you know if P&O run excursions to The Hague from Rotterdam? I know that we could to the trip independently but I wondered if the was an organised excursion too? 

We're considering booking an Iona cruise to Rotterdam, Hamburg and Zeebrugge and if we do I would like to visit The Mauritshuis Museum in The Hague. 

Thanks

5 hours ago, Harryjacobs said:

I think there was one when we went in Febuary.  However it is so easy to do yourself thats what we done.  

Thank you. Did you take the train?

19 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Thank you. Did you take the train?

Yes. It was a very short walk (200 metres) to the underground then a couple of stops to Centraal station.  Then it was about a 20 minute train journey.  Very cheap and very easy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s a few years ago but we also found taking the train to Den Haag very straightforward. We walked from the dock to the train station but these days would probably look to take a tram or other option from the public transport hub very near the dock (as mentioned above).

• Thanks 1

Thank you all, that’s really helpful info.

Although the cruise says it’s in the school holidays, and it is for Medway where we live, it appears it probably won’t be school holidays for the rest of Kent & my daughter will still be at work so I will have the 2 grandchildren 🥴

We will definitely do a Rotterdam cruise & visit The Hauge at some point but not just yet.

Back to choosing another itinerary…

• Like 1

On 4/19/2024 at 7:43 AM, SarahHben said:

Thank you all, that’s really helpful info.

Although the cruise says it’s in the school holidays, and it is for Medway where we live, it appears it probably won’t be school holidays for the rest of Kent & my daughter will still be at work so I will have the 2 grandchildren 🥴

We will definitely do a Rotterdam cruise & visit The Hauge at some point but not just yet.

Back to choosing another itinerary…

That’s a shame, I’ve noticed they’re doing this itinerary more now, eg in Feb 2 weeks running so only one would be half term for you. They’re also doing it in early November!

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

That’s a shame, I’ve noticed they’re doing this itinerary more now, eg in Feb 2 weeks running so only one would be half term for you. They’re also doing it in early November!

Thank you for that, I hadn't spotted the Feb half term one. Our daughter's October half term falls between the 2 October Rotterdam cruises but the Feb one would work. OH has said he wants to do May half Term '26 on Ventura which goes to La Rochelle, Santander, Gijon & La Coruna, but I might be able to persuade him to do both 😁

• Like 2

On 4/17/2024 at 11:14 PM, SarahHben said:

Do any of you know if P&O run excursions to The Hague from Rotterdam? I know that we could to the trip independently but I wondered if the was an organised excursion too? 

We're considering booking an Iona cruise to Rotterdam, Hamburg and Zeebrugge and if we do I would like to visit The Mauritshuis Museum in The Hague. 

Thanks

We have done that cruise. My advice would be to not book any P&O trips. You can do anything you want to do very easily independently from Rotterdam especially if you do it on the first day there as the ship is overnight in Rotterdam so no worry about being late back. The second day you can explore Rotterdam itself easily. 

Be aware that our Hamburg port was changed to  another German port, Bremerhaven, and there wasn’t much there but it was ok for a bit of shopping  and to see the U Boat.  

The port for Zeebrugge was Blankenberge and there was nothing much there except a very nice beach, but it was Feb! And it was a relatively early all-aboard time so there you would want to get off early and go on the train to Bruges early to be back. 

Think carefully about what trips you book with the ship, they can be overpriced and underdeliver! 

All the best with it! 

On 4/23/2024 at 11:05 AM, SarahHben said:

Thank you for that, I hadn't spotted the Feb half term one. Our daughter's October half term falls between the 2 October Rotterdam cruises but the Feb one would work. OH has said he wants to do May half Term '26 on Ventura which goes to La Rochelle, Santander, Gijon & La Coruna, but I might be able to persuade him to do both 😁

Ooh our June cruise goes to 3 of those ports, I’ll keep you posted! ☺️