Oasis of the seas drinks package

In a dilemma as to pre book the drinks package at a 30% reduction or just pay as you go. I could certainly get my dollars worth but wifey most likely not. This will be our 9th RCL cruise and I can’t remember ever not getting the package. It just seems difficult to warrant paying over a thousand pounds (including the 18%) for a seven night drinks package 

Posted (edited)

I think the simple solution would be either for your wife to drink more or for you to care less - LOL.  But I understand, looking at it from a break-even can be somewhat daunting.  I think @NotADopey1 has the right idea if you are on the fence about it.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, nigel jamison said:

I understand it’s nice just to tap your sea pass and not worry about what your drink costs. That said it doesn’t seem like as good a deal as in previous years 

That is certainly true as with many things, the daily cost of the drink packages has been steadily increasing. We have never purchased the drink package as to us, based on our average consumption, it would be less costly to purchase the drinks a la carte.  But to be fair that decision is driven primarily by the fact that with our C& A status we each receive 5 drink coupons daily and that typically covers our day's requirements.  Any additional drinks are far more economic to purchase as needed.

I do understand your dilemma, however, in particular when you look at the total cost of the packages and realize it includes port days when you are most likely primarily going to be off the ship.  Add that to the concern you have regarding your wife not likely utilizing the full value makes it a difficult decsion.

Edited by leaveitallbehind