Mitsugirly's PANORAMA detailed review and pictorial

Thank you for another great review!  It was so kind and thoughtful of you and your husband to include Karl!  He seems to be a nice young man!  Happy they got to enjoy the trip together!  

I'm glad you are branching out on your cruises.  There is a lot to see in this big wide world!  

We just got off the NCL Prima on a cruise from Reykjavic Iceland to Norway, Holland, Belgium and Southhampton, UK.  I cannot recommend this cruise enough.  It is all about nature, beauty, adventure - just so very wonderful in every possible way!  It was just amazing! From adventure tours (Wild Birds of Vigur Island) to luxury (Forest Lagoon Spa). And in 1 year (by 2026) it will not be possible because the environmentalists have managed to get Norway to close their ports to cruise ships with any emissions, and there currently are no such ships that have 0 emissions.  There is nothing I could say to prepare you for the beauty of the Norwegian Fjords - it's just breathtaking!  So...if you can squeak this one in somehow, I would highly recommend it.  The food on the Prima was the best I've experienced on any NCL ship and I love their new included "food truck" venue called Indulge Food Hall!  The ship is absolutely beautiful and the cabins are gorgeous!  NCL sells the cruise with airfare included as well.

I also agree with others and highly recommend Alaska.  We've been 3 times and still not seen or done it all.  

And a final suggestion:  Canada/New England in the Fall - just spectacular!  Did you know you can scuba dive there?

Again, thanks for writing your great review of your lovely cruise!

• Like 1

On 7/24/2024 at 5:21 PM, SuiteTraveler said:

Thank you for another great review!  It was so kind and thoughtful of you and your husband to include Karl!  He seems to be a nice young man!  Happy they got to enjoy the trip together!  

I'm glad you are branching out on your cruises.  There is a lot to see in this big wide world!  

We just got off the NCL Prima on a cruise from Reykjavic Iceland to Norway, Holland, Belgium and Southhampton, UK.  I cannot recommend this cruise enough.  It is all about nature, beauty, adventure - just so very wonderful in every possible way!  It was just amazing! From adventure tours (Wild Birds of Vigur Island) to luxury (Forest Lagoon Spa). And in 1 year (by 2026) it will not be possible because the environmentalists have managed to get Norway to close their ports to cruise ships with any emissions, and there currently are no such ships that have 0 emissions.  There is nothing I could say to prepare you for the beauty of the Norwegian Fjords - it's just breathtaking!  So...if you can squeak this one in somehow, I would highly recommend it.  The food on the Prima was the best I've experienced on any NCL ship and I love their new included "food truck" venue called Indulge Food Hall!  The ship is absolutely beautiful and the cabins are gorgeous!  NCL sells the cruise with airfare included as well.

I also agree with others and highly recommend Alaska.  We've been 3 times and still not seen or done it all.  

And a final suggestion:  Canada/New England in the Fall - just spectacular!  Did you know you can scuba dive there?

Again, thanks for writing your great review of your lovely cruise!

Thanks so much for your comment. I appreciate it and glad you enjoyed the review. 

We were watching some of the videos/pictures during the "talk" they give on cruises available and Iceland to Norway looked so amazing! It definitely went on our radar along with Alaskan. So sad to hear about them closing their ports. I will definitely have to look into this for next year before they close. So many places and not enough time. 😄 

I did not know about Canada and scuba diving. It makes me wonder what you would see there. I used to go to Canada when I was young and in my early 20's. Never thought a Canada cruise would suit us (you know how much we love the beaches). I guess I need to keep researching. 🙂 

44 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

Thanks so much for your comment. I appreciate it and glad you enjoyed the review. 

We were watching some of the videos/pictures during the "talk" they give on cruises available and Iceland to Norway looked so amazing! It definitely went on our radar along with Alaskan. So sad to hear about them closing their ports. I will definitely have to look into this for next year before they close. So many places and not enough time. 😄 

I did not know about Canada and scuba diving. It makes me wonder what you would see there. I used to go to Canada when I was young and in my early 20's. Never thought a Canada cruise would suit us (you know how much we love the beaches). I guess I need to keep researching. 🙂 

These sites might be helpful in considering scuba diving in Canada:

https://oceanographicmagazine.com/features/diving-canada/

https://traveltriangle.com/blog/scuba-diving-in-canada/

and there is also good diving in New England:

https://ecdivers.com/new-england-dive-site-map/

@mitsugirl  Probably not the right forum to do this in.  I just wanted to tell you how helpful you have been in all my cruises.  AND thank you again as I am also getting help from you with my Isla Mujeres trip on YouTube.

Thanks for all your info.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2024 at 12:16 PM, sydney dog said:

@mitsugirl  Probably not the right forum to do this in.  I just wanted to tell you how helpful you have been in all my cruises.  AND thank you again as I am also getting help from you with my Isla Mujeres trip on YouTube.

Thanks for all your info.

Aww thanks so much! I appreciate it and glad I’ve been some help. You will LOVE Isla Mujeres! We still talk about it all the time saying it was one of our favorites! 

On 7/24/2024 at 5:21 PM, SuiteTraveler said:

And in 1 year (by 2026) it will not be possible because the environmentalists have managed to get Norway to close their ports to cruise ships with any emissions...

My understanding is the restriction only applies to Norway's World Heritage Fjords, Geirangerfjord and Nærøyfjord. I believe Norway's other ports are not banned.

On 4/27/2024 at 7:39 AM, mitsugirly said:

So after sitting there for what seemed like eternity (but I'm sure it wasn't...it was just the excitement of the unknown), we decided to move on. 

All of a sudden we sped up and was zooming across the water to where there were other boats. 

We stopped and he pointed off in the distance, toward the rocks, close to shore...

image.thumb.jpeg.f17470dbba0e17dc385ad5d97252b235.jpeg

IT WAS A TAIL!!! THERE'S A WHALE HERE!!!

Then we seen a splash!

image.thumb.jpeg.22cf5f35cc397f874a0e1b86d52ea00e.jpeg

We patiently waited...

image.thumb.jpeg.bb2f487f23c2d61d52b996f306455b2d.jpeg

Then all of a sudden...it got VERY ACTIVE!!!

image.thumb.jpeg.9de602f8f97e485a1b9e684b592fd621.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5b7e4241bfa11ce96bd00c0b7c78d549.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9fca08c083f8cf5c0d8532c030183d81.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3f9f4da141f54929b63c48c27bcae535.jpeg

There were fins and flappers and tails and spouts everywhere. They were jumping up in every direction and one even had her baby with her teaching him how to jump. 

image.thumb.jpeg.8d724487d09ac1d45e4dcda2677b5f79.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.56573ac5310185c5b2fbc5e9491ca790.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6c7fbb066910846d1bf7eb3c12c989fe.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.4d85e868362ff40e8aae0a14f7eb5554.jpeg

I just wanted to tell you I booked this ship today based on this!  Carnival owes you😀

@mitsugirly

Hi!  Posting here as it is recent and hoping you see this. 

I read reading your review in another area and wanted to ask about Marysol Tours as I am finding very little on Cruise Critic.  Wanting to do the zip and waterfalls you had done, but from amber cove.  Their website does not really tell availability and eats a PayPal method, which I find sketch.  Wanting to see if that is how you had to arrange the tour?  I don't even use PayPal and am Canadian to boot!

Thanks if you see this!

7 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

My understanding is the restriction only applies to Norway's World Heritage Fjords, Geirangerfjord and Nærøyfjord. I believe Norway's other ports are not banned.

Since I don’t know anything about these area’s, is this a good thing or bad? 

2 hours ago, #55worktoplay said:

I just wanted to tell you I booked this ship today based on this!  Carnival owes you😀

Bravo! I hope you have the experience we did. When are you going?

1 hour ago, pepper said:

@mitsugirly

Hi!  Posting here as it is recent and hoping you see this. 

I read reading your review in another area and wanted to ask about Marysol Tours as I am finding very little on Cruise Critic.  Wanting to do the zip and waterfalls you had done, but from amber cove.  Their website does not really tell availability and eats a PayPal method, which I find sketch.  Wanting to see if that is how you had to arrange the tour?  I don't even use PayPal and am Canadian to boot!

Thanks if you see this!

Well, I’m a person of a thousand and one questions when I book something so I always email the company before actually booking so that I feel satisfied with my choice. I see they have that option from Amber Cove. I would reach out to them with any questions. They responded fairly quick to me when I reached out. Plenty of places only take PayPal and honestly I like this because it adds protection that you can get your money back if something is sketch and you don’t get the service. Most places that will only take PayPal can send you a request for payment and you can use a credit card to pay using PayPal. Super easy. 

• Thanks 1

BTW…we are currenty in St Croix on vacation… and like always, it’s a Mitsugirly vacation with thrills and this time some chills….a Tropical Storm (tomorrow) turning into a Hurricane (high probability) on the day we are supposed to leave after being here 10 days…it looks like it may be an extended vacation…true Mitsugirly fashion. Never a dull moment. Keep us in your thoughts as we ride this thing out. 😬 🫣

• Like 6

1 hour ago, mitsugirly said:

Bravo! I hope you have the experience we did. When are you going?

It is on a hold for Nov right now. Thankfully I only put it on hold. Now I’m reading and it seems whales return middle of November so that would be cutting it close.  And I also didn’t realize it was that cold there. I like you will freeze and I’m used to some freezing winters.  The  cruising and cold just don’t go well together for me. Maybe I will change ships and head to Caribbean instead for Nov and do this one when whales are there for sure. 

Edited by #55worktoplay

1 hour ago, mitsugirly said:

BTW…we are currenty in St Croix on vacation… and like always, it’s a Mitsugirly vacation with thrills and this time some chills….a Tropical Storm (tomorrow) turning into a Hurricane (high probability) on the day we are supposed to leave after being here 10 days…it looks like it may be an extended vacation…true Mitsugirly fashion. Never a dull moment. Keep us in your thoughts as we ride this thing out. 😬 🫣

Oh no. I hope all goes well and you get home safe and sound. 

2 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

Well, it's bad that you won't be able to go to stunningly beautiful Geirangerfjord and Nærøyfjord. But it's way better than not being able to cruise to any of the other beautiful Norwegian ports, as SuiteTraveler implied was the case. My Norway cruise didn't go to either of those two fjords, but was still filled with fantastic scenery.

Geirangerfjord

6455427d271934711138955086edffe6587e8552-1440x1440.thumb.webp.3001ea8cf0199659caa41d00767f2536.webp

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2024 at 10:01 PM, Earthworm Jim said:

Well, it's bad that you won't be able to go to stunningly beautiful Geirangerfjord and Nærøyfjord. But it's way better than not being able to cruise to any of the other beautiful Norwegian ports, as SuiteTraveler implied was the case. My Norway cruise didn't go to either of those two fjords, but was still filled with fantastic scenery.

Geirangerfjord

6455427d271934711138955086edffe6587e8552-1440x1440.thumb.webp.3001ea8cf0199659caa41d00767f2536.webp

That is stunningly beautiful it almost doesn't look real...like a postcard. WOW! 

• Like 1

Hello Kim!

I've been reading all your reviews for years:) I would love to ask your opinion about which beach I should go to on our upcoming cruise to Aruba and Curacao. I've read your reviews on both places, but I just wanted to hear from you! I think you and I have similar tastes in beaches. I've never been to either place. Thanks in advance, and hope to see the new land vacation review on your web site!

• Like 1