Issue boarding 4/20 Panorama sailing

Posted (edited)

Last I checked Firenze was down in the area of Cabo (offshore) today. Don't think Firenze will tie up till the 23rd due to other traffic. Think first sailing not till 25th.

Tomorrow is Miracle and Monday is Radiance.

Edited by SDPadreFan

4 minutes ago, SDPadreFan said:

Last I checked Firenze was down in the area of Cabo (offshore) today. Don't think Firenze will tie up till the 23rd due to other traffic. Think first sailing not till 25th.

I noticed that. At least it was a minor delay. I'll have to see if I can find out the real reason. People were getting antsy, talking about cluster-f**ks (several different people used the same term) over a 50 minutes boarding delay. 

• Like 1

They were probably worried all the funfetti cake would be gone. People bit_h about the tiniest little things anymore. I would rather just chill. I've been in some monster waits over my 68 years and I've survived just fine. Still smiling and still loving life.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, kwokpot said:

I noticed that. At least it was a minor delay. I'll have to see if I can find out the real reason. People were getting antsy, talking about cluster-f**ks (several different people used the same term) over a 50 minutes boarding delay. 

Wow. Those people need to switch to decaf. Probably headed to guest services to get a freebie once on board.

Have a great cruise.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, kwokpot said:

OK resolved getting my Guys now. Rumor Issue was changing out gangway for tomorrow's Firenze cruise.

Are you doing a live this cruise?  Is it an Elite?  

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

Are you doing a live this cruise?  Is it an Elite?  

It's not an Elite cruise

I'll give some thoughts about the cruise later on but not feeling into doing a day by day with lots of pics. 

What I'll say right now it seems like a full ship. I think in many parts of the country it's public school spring break next week and since this was a Saturday to Saturday cruise it's perfect for families with kids,which the ship is jam packed with. At sea day brunch today we saw a group of 30!!! Family members all traveling together. There's kids of every age on the ship 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, SDPadreFan said:

You guys are getting closer to the Firenze. Might actually get to do a close in pass by unless it happens at night.

I'll be on the lookout.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

It's not an Elite cruise

I'll give some thoughts about the cruise later on but not feeling into doing a day by day with lots of pics. 

What I'll say right now it seems like a full ship. I think in many parts of the country it's public school spring break next week and since this was a Saturday to Saturday cruise it's perfect for families with kids,which the ship is jam packed with. At sea day brunch today we saw a group of 30!!! Family members all traveling together. There's kids of every age on the ship 

School districts have Spring Break this late when Easter has already passed?

There are lots of school districts that only have a few weeks of school left in the Spring semester.

Edited by staceyglow

Right now, if the tracks don't change, Firenze would pass by on your starboard side. But you are still a couple of hundred nautical miles apart. Closing speed currently about 39 kn (19 & 20 knots respectively).

16 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

School districts have Spring Break this late when Easter has already passed?

There are lots of school districts that only have a few weeks of school left in the Spring semester.

Areas with large Jewish populations will have next week off since Passover is next week (Passover and Easter are wide apart this year). Having said that I've sailed during Easter week(not purposely) and this cruise is as full with families with kids as an Easter week cruise or a Christmas week cruise (many times purposely for a family Christmas onboard). There's no other explanation unless a whole ship full of families are pulling kids out of school for a one week cruise vacation when Easter was 3 weeks earlier. 

5 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Areas with large Jewish populations will have next week off since Passover is next week (Passover and Easter are wide apart this year). Having said that I've sailed during Easter week(not purposely) and this cruise is as full with families with kids as an Easter week cruise or a Christmas week cruise (many times purposely for a family Christmas onboard). There's no other explanation unless a whole ship full of families are pulling kids out of school for a one week cruise vacation when Easter was 3 weeks earlier. 

Edit: Maybe a whole ship of families are pulling kids on random weeks for a week long vacation 🤷

Just off the Panorama ....for April 13 to 20.....it was a family cruise....had three cabins.....we were really impressed....great food and lots of fun....AND....we are old grandma and grandpa ....and two grand kids....they had a blast and even me going down the water slides.......6 days of straight sun and heat.....only cold day was the last one back.......now as to getting off....all I can say was WOW.....did early get off with just carry on......left ship on the gangway at 8:45....in the parking lot at 9:10....super fast....there was no hold ups with the gangway....must of happened later????....and we are just normal RED card cruisers......

7 hours ago, kwokpot said:

It's not an Elite cruise

We were on her the beginning of March and got lucky landing between two busy sailings.  We were still full up but few kids and a very calm sailing.