Adding services mid trip/ best use of onboard credit

I know you can't typically book beverage or internet etc for one day....but if i decide i want to add drink package or internet etc on day 2, 3, etc of my 4 night cruise for the remainder of the cruise can i do that on a pro-rated basis ? ie. pay for the days left in the cruise instead of the whole duration of the cruise?

I will be sailing Royal Caribbean - Nav. of the Seas out of LA to Ensenada April 29-May 3rd. and have $200 onboard credit to use and already have spa services booked on another segment of my 2 week vacation.  I know $200 won't last long with a few drinks and or food at Sports Bar (will be there can't miss hockey playoffs ) and possibly internet access. None of the excursions seem to catch my attention. TIA.

Posted (edited)

This will be sent to the RCI board, but in general ships don’t sell daily drink packages. You usually have to book by the second day. On a four day they might not even allow that. Keep in mind RCI charges a fortune for the package and drinks in general. If you just buy drinks as you go you can burn through a lot of OBC quickly. 

But to answer the generic question, I use OBC for the daily service charge. It’s as good as cash that way. 

Edited by wcook
  • Like 1

Royal Caribbean certainly used to sell drinks packages mid-cruise at the pro-rata daily rate but it had to be for the entire rest of the cruise. And there were a minimum number of days - like @wcook I rather think that's around 4 days, for a 4-day cruise it might not even be possible to book a cruise-long package.

If you're wine-drinkers I suggest you try the house wine before deciding on a wine package - the house wine is cheaper than any packages.

I doubt anyone has ever had a problem using up $200 credit on a 4-day cruise 😏

JB 🙂