Trivia

Sketty1616

Currently on the Shadow WC with Moss. His Trivia is fair but hard and after 2 weeks, no team has managed to get a full 25 out of 25. That’s quite surprising as there are a number of very seasoned players on here.

58 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

Thanks to all of you who are telling me not to worry, just to come try it out. So I will.

You've played trivia on other cruises, right? It's really no different on SS (This is my opinion after one SS cruise- I may change my mind after this next cruise!)

16 minutes ago, late2cruisin said:

You've played trivia on other cruises, right? It's really no different on SS (This is my opinion after one SS cruise- I may change my mind after this next cruise!)

No, I haven’t. This will be only my second Ocean cruise. 

51 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

No, I haven’t. This will be only my second Ocean cruise. 

OK, I didn't realize that. So they don't have trivia on river cruises? I guess that makes sense, since you're off the ship every day! We've only done ocean cruises and we always do trivia (for fun and to meet people, not for the crappy prizes...)

Trivia on a train isn't quite such a bloodsport as on a ship. I Recently took the Indian Pacific from Perth to Sydney and almost nobody was injured (physically) by the afternoon sessions. With only 4 days onboard, nobody started cocking their leg on a particular table or employed Jedi mind tricks. The difference may lie in there not being any valuable points offered but that's above my pay grade. 

• Haha 1

I did Trivia when it worked with my schedule.  I teamed up with one other person (just 2 of us + occasionally DW would chime in) and we typically finished in the top 3.  To be fair, he was good.  He also usually played alone (no team) -- it was the personal challenge more than winning, but was ok with my joining. I occasionally latched on with other teams who were missing members for whatever reason (usually in port).

One thing I didn't like . . . I sat with one team that would write down every answer someone not the team gave for each question.  If one of them was correct, they gave themselves credit for the answer (it was self-graded).  Seriously, folks?  I moved on to another team.

I like fun competition, but it's supposed to be FUN and, in the relatively small number of cruises I've been on, it has been.  Good natured competition  If people are rude to other guests over TRIVIA (for goodness sake), it's time to find a new ship / line.

If anyone is wondering, you get points that can later be used to "buy" stuff, like pens and hats and T-shirts.  Nothing too exciting.  It's more the thrill of it all. 

3 minutes ago, ggo85 said:

I did Trivia when it worked with my schedule.  I teamed up with one other person (just 2 of us + occasionally DW would chime in) and we typically finished in the top 3.  To be fair, he was good.  He also usually played alone (no team) -- it was the personal challenge more than winning, but was ok with my joining. I occasionally latched on with other teams who were missing members for whatever reason (usually in port).

One thing I didn't like . . . I sat with one team that would write down every answer someone not the team gave for each question.  If one of them was correct, they gave themselves credit for the answer (it was self-graded).  Seriously, folks?  I moved on to another team.

I like fun competition, but it's supposed to be FUN and, in the relatively small number of cruises I've been on, it has been.  Good natured competition  If people are rude to other guests over TRIVIA (for goodness sake), it's time to find a new ship / line.

If anyone is wondering, you get points that can later be used to "buy" stuff, like pens and hats and T-shirts.  Nothing too exciting.  It's more the thrill of it all. 

So I am sure the honor system leads to many perfect scores. Wink. Wink.

Just now, Sketty1616 said:

So I am sure the honor system leads to many perfect scores. Wink. Wink.

Surprisingly, not too many.  I was on 3 different teams.  2 were honest.  One (the one I mentioned above) was not.  I found it pathetic and, as noted, never went back to that team.  Of interest, while they usually placed in the top 3, they didn't always win. And, to be fair, if none of their possible answers was correct, they didn't just mark it a correct.  Still . . .

• Like 1