Liquor choice in YC

CruiseDawg5772

Posted (edited)

There are fixed choices.  You might be able to substitute but I was not able to.  Asked for Kettle One and received Belvedere.  

Edited by DaKahuna

1 hour ago, CruiseDawg5772 said:

The bottle of liquor choice…can you chose a midlevel bourbon like a 10 yr Jack? Or is it just lower level? 

From our recent B2B, here are the Top Sail Lounge and One Pool Deck Bar menus of drinks for free and, if applicable, supplemental offerings.

image.thumb.jpeg.d0ced42a0a04c45dd21997855604586f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d10df547eb2e0ec4561760190ac6b59f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8e3b63114b3447a095f81445270d4211.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.69e07ba9d0d005961c282a64816dceef.jpeg

I was on the Seashore in Feb.  The bourbon selection was very poor.  If I recall Buffalo Trace was the only bourbon.   They kept telling me that I the liquor supply hasn’t been distributed from the hold.   It was only a 3 day cruise.  A person that was on the previous cruise doing a B2B told me that they gave the same excuse on the last cruise.  

I am a bourbon drinker.  Was very disappointed in the selection.   We were in the YC. 

I am not a bourbon snob.   I drink mostly bottom end like MM, Wild Turkey, Rebel (Yell).  Four Roses, and yes J.T.S. Brown 

Fast Eddie “Preach. J.T.S. Brown, no glass, no ice”.   The Hustler.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

IMG_0828.jpeg

IMG_0827.jpeg

IMG_0068.jpeg

7 hours ago, CruiseDawg5772 said:

The bottle of liquor choice…

If I recall them correctly, your options are listed below. Choose one and inform your butler. As a YC passenger, you will likely receive a message before your cruise, asking for your choice of alcohol, pillow, and newspaper. However, the responses are usually not forwarded to the butlers and you'll have to let them know in person anyway.

Absolut
Ketel One
Tanqueray
Bombay Sapphire
Glen Grant
Jack Daniel's (Old No.7)
Two unexciting white wines
Two unexciting red wines
Champagne/sparkling wine

Perhaps, if you are fortunate and your butler thinks it will fly, you may be able to request and receive a choice not on the list. However, if it is a pricier ask, probably not.

Sigh.... IN YC now on Seaside (been here two weeks on Sunday). The only thing lacking is a good Bourbon selection. They have Elijah Craig, Woodford and Jack.

There is a single bottle (per cruise) of Japanese Whiskey in the Cocktail Bar (it goes quick). 

My suggestion, bring your bottle on board (a pretty good chance you will not get caught being in YC). I brought my Wild Turkey 101 and filled a flask each night. No one said a thing about me dispensing it for my nightcap in Top Sail for the last drink of the night I offered the bottle to the bar to just incorporate into the stock, but it caused some concern (I explained that I had no problem sharing with others).

This little inconvenience will not overcome the wonderful experience that is the YC. It is after all a 1st world problem...

We will be doing our first MSC YC cruise in a few weeks. Looking forward to it. Our most recent cruise was NCL haven this past May. The bartenders were amazing. Even if I was drinking basic vodka sodas I was amazed at just watching them make spectacular cocktails (no blender involved) We had a premium beverage package . My husband surprised me with the upgrade for my 60th so I could enjoy the Veuve. NCL  stopped it being included on the first day  our cruise. Fortunately they hadn’t stopped Johnny walker blue yet so he made up for it on his end. 😊😉

6 hours ago, rather be in Hawaii said:

"Fortunately they hadn’t stopped Johnny walker blue yet so he made up for it on his end."

JWB is priced higher than MSC's best drink package. This means you would have to pay the difference in price.

Mathematically, however, the JWB is still a better deal on MSC unless you drink several JWBs per day.

The NCL per-day cost for the package upgrade to get JWB is more money than just buying a few per day, at the price difference, in YC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t understand their up charges.  Macallan Quest is $16 up charge and Highland Park 12yr is $17?   The Quest sells for around $110 and the Highland Park $60.  Makes no sense.  Yacht Club would actually save money it they let us bring our own bottle onboard!   Will be boarding Seascape in 2 weeks and no matter the liquor choice in YC I will have a fabulous cruise!