Ijmuiden— book excursion on arrivas

Is it possible to book a tour on arrival at Felison Cruise Terminal, Ijmuiden?

Norwegian Prima changed its call from Amsterdam to Ijmuiden. I had thought I would arrange an independent excursion to Volendam or Zaanse Schrans, but I can’t find any that start in Ijmuiden. In many ports tour operators offer excursions at the cruise terminal or just outside. Is that the case in Ijmuiden?  Or are cruise line excursions and public transit the only options?

Posted (edited)

Donot expect any action in IJmuiden. Do yourself a favor and book a private driver before you get there.However you might be shocked by the price.  It is very likely your cruiseline will offer some excursions, possible transfer to Amsterdam. Both Volendam and Zaanse Schans can be done by public transport from Centraal Station Amsterdam, but not in combination. 

Edited by Ine
  • Like 1

Yeah, I would book a Shorex of NCL (also to be sure, to be back on time)

What you might do if you really are not into NCL Tours ... try the homepage getyourguide 

IJmuiden is definitely a port to pre-book transport unless you only fancy a walk on the nearby beach with a coffee or beer afterwards. IJmuiden is not connected by public rail but does have public busses to Haarlem and Amsterdam which are not sufficient for cruise calls I guess.. 

As said, price will be high.