Best of Japan - Millennium 5/2 - 5/15

DaKahuna

Hi, as you have gone through this process, can you help.  I have just begun checking in on the app, everything has been accepted, I can view the Xpress pass, but it says under each name "in progress"

Is this because I still have to complete the health status or is it still processing information.  At this stage should I receive a check in complete response?

Thanks for any assistance 

5 hours ago, Ketut said:

s this because I still have to complete the health status or is it still processing information.  At this stage should I receive a check in complete response?

This is normal. 

No, you will not receive a "check in complete" response until much later.

2 hours ago, Ketut said:

Can you also tell me how we get our luggage tags

Thanks

Your luggage tags will be a page in your documents which you should be able to access about 30 days prior to boarding.  Celebrity no longer mails luggage tags. 

On 4/29/2024 at 7:39 PM, DaKahuna said:

We went down to the hotel’s Ocean Terrace buffet for breakfast.  A very wide selection of food was available, including typical Japanese breakfast items as well as American and European fare (thankfully no beans though that I saw). It was good but I am not sure it was worth the price. 

IMG_1044.thumb.jpeg.0603b6fe7e61680c2cf026f52f2b073e.jpeg

This morning was cold, 65 F, and raining but it is starting to warm up a couple of degrees and it is cloudy and over cast.  

This is where Millennium will be docking Thursday morning. 

IMG_1049.thumb.jpeg.328e7ca74bc56e2f496c818717990080.jpeg

IMG_1047.thumb.jpeg.c70269eb953feff0e50f79eb5a1dbe92.jpeg

Yokohama Bay bridge.  We crossed over it last evening on the way from the airport.  Millennium will be sailing under her when we pull out Thursday. 

IMG_1045.thumb.jpeg.1700f61ce3c827088520caee35f5deff.jpeg

Our plan for this morning is to walk to Minatomirai station and take the train to Yokohama station.  It’s a six minute ride and cost 200 Yen per person.   Have Suica app, will travel!

We are planning our trip for 2025 and following this thread closely. The Suica app…I’m trying to download it. Can you take a screenshot of the app icon so I know that I’m downloading the right one? Thanks 

21 minutes ago, mickeysgal said:

We are planning our trip for 2025 and following this thread closely. The Suica app…I’m trying to download it. Can you take a screenshot of the app icon so I know that I’m downloading the right one? Thanks 

suica.thumb.jpeg.68c791fbd9f747712ba7f7b22f2862de.jpeg

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mickeysgal said:

What exact app do I download though? IMG_0742.thumb.png.51ad078d1e97ed9b56ca3e96259c88fd.png

Looks like you are on iPhone. If so, there is no app per se. Open your Apple wallet, add a new card, choose transit card, and choose Suica. Then you add funds as desired.

This allows your phone or even your Apple Watch to be scanned at the fare gates just like a physical card.

Note that it can be picky on what method you use to pay to add funds. Word is that Mastercard generally works and Visa not. I just signed up for an Apple Card and that worked fine to add funds with.

Also note you can’t get any unused funds refunded. But, you can use the Suica at most vending machines and combinis so you can use any leftover for snacks and such. I ended up with ¥2 left over 😂

Edited by scorfman

42 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

My Visa card worked just well with it. 

Mine didn’t. Tried several. Just advice that there might be an issue. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, mickeysgal said:

What exact app do I download though? IMG_0742.thumb.png.51ad078d1e97ed9b56ca3e96259c88fd.png

There is no app. It's already in the Apple Wallet as a travel card. Then you top up with Apple Pay. You can add either Pasmo or Suica.    Visa card is sometimes an issue but Amex works just fine.  Every person needs their own travel Suica from the wallet on their phone. 

Edited by Pushka

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/10/2024 at 11:04 AM, hcat said:

Agree it was a great tour  other than the worms!  I have issue with heights so would not have done well at several points along the way!

We will be the Millennium later this summer and are planning our days now. Are you willing to share contact info for BK?