Best of Japan - Millennium 5/2 - 5/15

DaKahuna

Just wanted to get this live review start and today is our travel day.  We will be departing Washington Dulles today around 1225 and are scheduled to arrive in Haneda at 1525 4/29.  

We will be staying at the InterContinental Yokohama Grand pre-cruise and at the Westin Yokohama post cruise.  

I encourage my fellow travelers to share their experiences here with me as our experience has been that what we like or dislike may be different from someone else's experience. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Wow!  What a cruise. Will be traveling with you vicariously as I’m not sure a cruise to Japan is even remotely in my future. Safe travels….🍸🥂

We are both really looking forward to this cruise. 

It will be my first time back to Japan since 1990 and my wife's first time since 2019.  Expect lots of picture of food !! 

• Like 2

I will be following your adventure with great interest as Japan is beckoning to us in maybe a couple of years from now.

Have an amazing time! 😊

• Thanks 1

Will be following along with great interest, looking to travel this itinerary in the next couple of years, to celebrate a significant birthday, although tentative enquiries have revealed the cherry blossom cruises are sold out in 2026! 

• Thanks 1

Safe travels….look forward to following along.

Would like to do a TP from Japan to North America… it’s a good way to get to see Tokyo Disneyland 😜😜

mac_tlc

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

We are looking at doing a similar cruise in 2026 around the same time.  I have a couple of questions.

1.  How is the Intercontinental hotel?  We are huge fans of the hotels we have stayed in so far.

2.  What is the weather like this time of year?

3.  Is the Millie still understaffed?  It was back in December/January ...

Edited by NMTraveller

Wife and I are on this cruise as well. Would it be ok to diary in this thread as well? We're arriving a bit later and leaving home after a few days in Tokyo post cruise.

• Like 4

I also will following.  We were just on the Millennium for B2B cruises.  We boarded on March 28th and left the ship on April 21st.  While there were some port overlaps, the itineraries were not identical.  And yes -- we did experience the cherry blossoms!  We did B2B Japan itineraries in the fall of 2018, so now have seen the fall and spring colors.

Japan is one of my favorite countries.  We had planned on returning in 2021 but that was one of our Covid-19 cancellations.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

I also will following.  We were just on the Millennium for B2B cruises.  We boarded on March 28th and left the ship on April 21st.  While there were some port overlaps, the itineraries were not identical.  And yes -- we did experience the cherry blossoms!  We did B2B Japan itineraries in the fall of 2018, so now have seen the fall and spring colors.

Japan is one of my favorite countries.  We had planned on returning in 2021 but that was one of our Covid-19 cancellations.

Apart from the cherry blossoms, did you have a preference as to which time of year to visit?

12 hours ago, scorfman said:

Wife and I are on this cruise as well. Would it be ok to diary in this thread as well? We're arriving a bit later and leaving home after a few days in Tokyo post cruise.

Personally, I love reading an alternative perspective, especially if others are in a different cabin class to the OP (Retreat, Blu, MDR experiences etc.) 👍.

We’re sailing in Japan in August, so are definitely following along @DaKahuna 👍.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

We're on the July 14, 2024 sailing, so I am really looking forward to hearing all about your trip.  We're also flying from Washington (Dulles) on a 12:25pm flight (All Nippon Airways) so any details about your flight would also be appreciated.  Enjoy your trip!!! 

Edited by ewalke22
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, ewalke22 said:

We're on the July 14, 2024 sailing, so I am really looking forward to hearing all about your trip.  We're also flying from Washington (Dulles) on a 12:25pm flight (All Nippon Airways) so any details about your flight would also be appreciated.  Enjoy your trip!!! 

We are on the same cruise but we spend 2 weeks prior to the cruise exploring Tokyo.  

• Like 1